Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Lazarus: OpenDialog with filters is getting bigger and bigger  (Read 8875 times)

Clover

Re: [SOLVED] Lazarus: OpenDialog with filters is getting bigger and bigger
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2020, 05:32:49 pm »
@Hansaplast It is indeed a Big Sur related bug, dmitry's fix has a test so that it only applies to the public released Big Sur 11.0 or higher.

The bug was in all the 11.0 betas that I tried, and the first 11.0 public release. But, it doesn't appear to happen in the current 11.1 beta as far as I can tell.

I believe the 11.1 public release will be on Dec 14, so we can either release a fix now, or just tell our users to update to 11.1 in a week's time.

JdeHaan

Hi,

Currently, on Big Sur 11.4, and the large file dialogues have returned. After each file open dialogue in Lazarus, it becomes bigger and bigger, and stretch far beyond the screen width.

Updated to trunk Lazarus and FPC yesterday via FPCUpDeluxe, hoping to resolve it, but no success.

Anyone else suffering from this? Is this again related to Big Sur or a Lazarus bug?

Hansaplast

• Tweaking4All.com
    • Tweaking4All
Just now I updated to the latest trunk version, also through FPCUpDeluxe:
- Lazarus 2.3.0 r65379
- FPC 3.3.1 x86_64-darwin-cocoa

I'm also running under macOS 11.4.

Created a test project where I can open an OpenDialog or SaveDialog how often I'd like.
I wasn't able to reproduce the issue though ...
If you have a small test project, then I'd be happy to compile and test it here and see if I see the same issue you're seeing.

JdeHaan

I created a small app with 1 button and an open dialog. Clicking the button opens the dialog. I expected a stretch but the size stays the same after many clicks. So, this works fine.

However, the Lazarus app does have a problem. Entering the command:

defaults delete lazarus.freepascal.ide

brings it back to the original size, but then it starts again to grow after each file open.

Hansaplast

• Tweaking4All.com
    • Tweaking4All

Since it does not seem to happen with a normal application;
Maybe you need to do a rebuild of the IDE (Tools -> Build Lazarus with profile xyz)?

Did you check if the file "/lcl/interfaces/cocoa/cocoawsdialogs.pas" matches the latest version?
I had one instance where that particular file did not get updated.
After manually correcting that, and doing an IDE rebuild, the problem was gone.

Sanem

Re: Lazarus: OpenDialog with filters is getting bigger and bigger
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2022, 11:32:29 am »

+1

Running Lazarus 2.1.0 r64169 FPC 3.3.1 x86_64-darwin-cocoa on Big Sur myself.
The file open dialog of the Lazarus IDE already expanded outside of the view of my ultrawide monitor.
Resizing can only be done vertically, not horizontally.

Hi, did you find a way to fix this issue?
I posted it in a separate topic, I really appreciate it if you could replay there.
thanks 

Hansaplast

• Tweaking4All.com
    • Tweaking4All
Re: [SOLVED] Lazarus: OpenDialog with filters is getting bigger and bigger
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2022, 11:38:54 am »
This issue has been resolved in one of the following trunk version way back when this bug happened.
For this reason I'm running Trunk these days through FPCUpDeluxe.

You can reset the dialog windows with:

Code: [Select]
defaults delete <CFBundleIdentifier>

TinyPortal © 2005-2018