Recent

Author Topic: PiNote - free source code editor  (Read 12302 times)

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
Re: PiNote - free source code editor
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2020, 12:46:01 pm »
Hi ecalogiuri
I have downloaded the windows binary because i'm too lazy to compile it myself... it works nicely but I noted that most fonts are displayed with a large space between the characters.

It's not just the exotic fonts, it works fine with Consolas, @NSimSun, @MSGothic, but looks weird with TimesNewRoman, Arial, Calibri and many others.  See screenshot.
Times, Arial and Calibri are proportional type fonts.  That means the characters have different widths (i.e. the "i" is narrower than "m").  Seems like PiNote is designed to use monospaced type fonts only (such as Console or Curier) that all characters have the same width.
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

lucamar

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2020, 01:09:38 am »
Seems like PiNote is designed to use monospaced type fonts only (such as Console or Curier) that all characters have the same width.

Indeed: it uses TSynEdit as the base edit control (as said in the original post) and it only works well with monospaced fonts.
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

ecalogiuri

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2020, 09:27:05 am »
After configuring Lazarus on Haiku, here is the first compilation of PiNote on Haiku i386 (virtualized). It seems to work fine, I just have a few bother with a few graphics. I need to update the sources to correctly recognize the operating system. Probably the future update will also be released for Haiku Os 32/64 bit.

Greetings...

ecalogiuri

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2021, 05:17:25 pm »
Version 1.3 of PiNote is released.

Added 4 new highlighters (languages: F#, R, V, MATLAB). Added SHA256 key generation tool in Tools->SHA256. Added tool for generating text banners (like the banner command in Unix) in Edit->Insert->Banner. Added an interactive mini-map of the document in use in View->Minimap panel. Fixed bug when starting the program in 64 bit Windows. Added support for FreeBSD (32 and 64 bit) and Haiku OS (64 bit).

As always, source and binaries on: https://pinote.sourceforge.io/index.html

Greetings to all

Roland57

• msegui.net
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2021, 07:53:07 pm »
Congratulations for the new version of PiNote. Compiled successfully in on click on Linux 64.

One question about the "Format" menu item. If I select another encoding, does it change the content of the file, or does it change the way the content of the file is interpreted? It isn't clear for me.

It would be nice to have the possibility to compile and run a program (as in Geany, for example).

If you add support for different languages, I will make with pleasure the french translation.  ;)

Regards.

Roland
My projects are on Gitlab and on Codeberg.

AlexTP

• UVviewsoft
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2021, 09:48:16 pm »
@ PiNote author
Since you have Haiku build, can you pls test and confirm this Haiku qt5 bug?
https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=37268

ecalogiuri

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2021, 02:17:55 pm »
Congratulations for the new version of PiNote. Compiled successfully in on click on Linux 64.

One question about the "Format" menu item. If I select another encoding, does it change the content of the file, or does it change the way the content of the file is interpreted? It isn't clear for me.

It would be nice to have the possibility to compile and run a program (as in Geany, for example).

If you add support for different languages, I will make with pleasure the french translation.  ;)

Regards.

Roland

When a new document encoding type is selected, PiNote updates all the text on the screen to the new selection. That is, the text is fully converted.
As for the compilation of sources, PiNote supports the configuration of various external tools, to be launched via keyboard shortcuts. Find everything in the Tools-> External Tools menu.

ecalogiuri

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2021, 05:29:44 pm »
@ PiNote author
Since you have Haiku build, can you pls test and confirm this Haiku qt5 bug?
https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=37268

I just tested the reported key shortcuts. PiNote responds in this way: Ctrl + F (Opens the File menu) and Alt + F (Opens the text search function). I tested everything on Haiku Os 64 bit R1/beta 2 revision hrev54154+111.

Greetings.

ecalogiuri

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2022, 11:32:26 am »
Hi guys,
after a very difficult year for myself, I found the time to work a little on my PiNote. I released version 1.3.5 with some new features:

Now the "Micro mode editor" function can be activated (by Options) when starting PiNote. Added octal conversion in the Base converter. Fixed "create banner" function. Multi paste function added and fixed some minor bugs.

I also enjoyed compiling the project with QT5 library support for Linux.

As always, source and binaries on: https://pinote.sourceforge.io/index.html

This version represents the beginning of a new life for me. I hope to have the peace of mind necessary to continue growing the project.
An affectionate greeting to all!

Roland57

• msegui.net
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2022, 05:13:02 am »
Hi! Thank you for the new version of PiNote.

Two little observations. 1° Each time I execute an external tool, a new window is opened for the output. Wouldn't it be better to reuse the same window?

2° When there is no unsaved modification, PiNote shouldn't ask confirmation when the user click on Exit (IMHO).

Best regards.

Roland

Chronos

• PascalClassLibrary

ecalogiuri

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2022, 03:16:27 pm »
Hi! Thank you for the new version of PiNote.

Two little observations. 1° Each time I execute an external tool, a new window is opened for the output. Wouldn't it be better to reuse the same window?

2° When there is no unsaved modification, PiNote shouldn't ask confirmation when the user click on Exit (IMHO).

Best regards.

Roland

Hi and thanks for using PiNote. As for point 1, I'll try to fix it in the next update. For point 2, just go to Edit-> General Options and uncheck the item "Ask confirmation before closing PiNote".

Soon!

ecalogiuri

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2022, 03:17:58 pm »
Added to wiki: https://wiki.freepascal.org/Projects_using_Lazarus_-_Editors_and_IDEs#PiNote

Thank you for adding PiNote to the list of projects developed in Lazarus.

Greetings!

Roland57

• msegui.net
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2022, 08:08:37 pm »
For point 2, just go to Edit-> General Options and uncheck the item "Ask confirmation before closing PiNote".

I should have paid attention to that.  :-[

Thanks for the information.

ecalogiuri

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2022, 05:54:16 pm »
Hi guys, I'm just writing a few lines to communicate the release of PiNote version 1.3.6 (Brutall Cat). Added document ruler support and highlighting for Swift and Dart languages.

As always source and binaries at the usual link: https://pinote.sourceforge.io/index.html

Hugs to all.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018