Recent

Author Topic: Ancient Version of Shadyantram (Shatranj or Chess)  (Read 4464 times)

shuklasa

Ancient Version of Shadyantram (Shatranj or Chess)
« on: November 19, 2020, 11:41:58 am »
Anyone interested to collaboratively create the  Shadyantram Project in Object/FreePascal.

I can share all the related documents of how it is played. We can then make this project as part of Lazarus Sample Project in near future.

I can assure you that this Ancient Version of Chess (10x10) board is father of FIDE Chess. People with excellent logical IQ can easily win this game.. As of Today, all these GrandMasters memorize the Starting and Ending Strategies and have their own dedicated team with whom they play as training or practice matches.

No need to make the Fully Calculating Engine. Just a working model of how 2 players can play a game would be enough..

Regards,
Satyendra
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 12:05:25 pm by shuklasa »

mika

Re: Ancient Version of Shadyantram (Shatranj or Chess)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 02:11:33 pm »
Anyone interested to collaboratively create the  Shadyantram Project in Object/FreePascal.

Back in the days (15 years ago) i created chess for 2 players in Java. Never played chess myself. I feel qualified as ...

Did simple search for Shadyantram! Nothing, except your post.

MathMan

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 02:22:49 pm »

Back in the days (15 years ago) i created chess for 2 players in Java. Never played chess myself. I feel qualified as ...

Did simple search for Shadyantram! Nothing, except your post.

Look here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shatranj - second link in google, when looking for "shatranj". First one was same on German Wikipedia; for a reason.

mika

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 03:02:18 pm »
Look here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shatranj
Now i get it. If OP has actual ancient version of chess, it is pure gold in board game word. I would want to see rules of the game.

shuklasa

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 05:26:43 pm »
I have documented all the steps and it is pure gold. This Shadyantram teaches moral values, patience, litigation to the kids.

For young and older people, it forces them to explore the possibilities of how problem comes and goes in any battle..

You can check in TalkChess forum where I posted the documents.

Please check the semi-completed document with some redundant and typing mistakes. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fln0mhgbldsqtb7/AADxhXEcoIamG-6SbXo6Hajva?dl=0

Regards,
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 06:07:48 pm by shuklasa »

mika

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 04:38:57 pm »
Pretty complicated rules or at least far from chess.

shuklasa

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 05:58:28 pm »
Not complicated.. It uses the realistic rules...

Once you play the game, you will forget about the rule because it will come into play by itself...

TinyPortal © 2005-2018