Recent

Author Topic: WINSOFT ComPort - Laz install Windoze and Rasp Pi...  (Read 1928 times)

recog1

WINSOFT ComPort - Laz install Windoze and Rasp Pi...
« on: November 09, 2020, 03:06:45 pm »
Greetings all LAZ fans  :D
Happy to be here! ...  8)

WINSOFT ComPort is supposed to work with LAZ VERSION 2.0.10 ( WINSOFT is in SLOVAKIA !!! )

First, I try to install the package [TRIAL VERSION] "comportp.lpk" on WINDOZE LAZ 2.0.10 and no go...

"Compile package fpcunitide 0.1:Aborted" and "comportp.pas(11,3) Fatal: Cannot find ComSignal used by ComPortP. Check search path of package ComPortP, try a clean rebuild, check implementation sections.."

SECOND, ANYONE had success with this marvelous component? ...
(USED it in the past on DELPHI, and loved it! ... )

Here is the "release page" for LAZ 2.0.10 .... https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/

However, NO "ARM" version? ... No joy for Raspberry Pi? ...

Anyone successful in LAZ VERSION 2.0.10 on a Raspberry Pi?
( Would LOVE to develop with LAZ and ComPort, and then run ComPort on a Raspberry Pi (zero thru four) ...  :)
.... CAN someone please point the way? ...... step by step procedure? ... Also, why not on earlier version of LAZ? ...)

hansotten

Re: WINSOFT ComPort - Laz install Windoze and Rasp Pi...
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 03:42:21 pm »
Raspberry PI OS is just Debian for ARM.

Lazserial and the underlying Synaser are pure Objectpascal and calls to the OS. So no problem on Arm, just use it.

Oh, a personal note:  here are many happy Windows users , so 'windoze' is not appreciated nor funny. So please keep the OS wars away, Freepascal runs 'everywhere'.

recog1

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 03:52:28 pm »
Thank you for the reply happy windows user............

hansotten

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 09:22:21 am »
About your question on Lazarus on Raspberry Pi:

- Lazarus older version is in Raspberry Pi OS repository
- search this forum for packages made for Lazarus 2.04 and script for that build

With one of these installed as bootstrap you can build Lazarus from source.

af0815

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 07:59:07 am »
Second: You can install Lazarus e.g. with fpcupdeluxe on RasPi without any problems. RasPi3B+ is working too, RasPi4 is fast working, like on a PC.

First. Ask the Winsoft-Guys maybe in their forum. The missing ComPortP is not known in a normal Lazarus installation. 
regards
Andreas

recog1

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 06:05:48 pm »
Thank you af0815 ....  :)

Where is the forum of "Winsoft-Guys"?
 ( Is there a forum of help for the WinSoft of winsoft.sk -> Slovak republic? ..... More people / help than "Eric Salaj" ? )

Where can one find more about "fpcupdeluxe"?

recog1

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 03:49:17 pm »
ALL ...
FYI: I have emailed Erik at WINSOFT regards the TRIAL component for COMPORT, (free download) which he shows as working on LAZ 2.0.10...
( I indicated I was running MANJARO XFCE "aarch 64" on a Rasp Pi 4 in my EMAIL ... )

HIS response was LAZ 2.0.10 on a 64 bit x86 CPU only, did NOT contain files for ARM CPU(?) ... ( HOWEVER, his "lib" folder contains TWO folders "x86_64-linux" and "aarch64-linux" ... THESE contain "LComPortP.compiled" ... ) HE added in his email, "Try to compile ComPort files from the source code" ... Hmm? ... Sounds like "source code" required, and this is not part of the "trial" ? ...

Anyone had joy in this direction? ...

TinyPortal © 2005-2018