Recent

Author Topic: KOL + TDbf - proper Lazarus configuration  (Read 6700 times)

tomcmok

KOL + TDbf - proper Lazarus configuration
« on: April 05, 2008, 05:43:38 pm »
Hi,

Couple days ago in my company we decided to make a small sample app for ARM/WinCE. According to the information found on WIKI we installed Lazarus, WinCE addon and KOL components.

We were struggling with getting the TDbf component to compile for ARM/WinCE target - during the compilation a message was popping up saying that "Unable to find LResources.pp" and the messages window contained: "LResources.pp(25,69) Fatal: Can't find unit Dbf used by RegisterDBF". If we do not use the component, but just try to create a TDbf in the code with "dbf" in uses section - we get "Unit1.pas(8,70) Fatal: Can't find unit dbf used by Unit1". Indeed, when I look into the directories, there are no dbf* units compiled under fpc\2.2.0\units\arm-wince\fcl-db.

For KOL we have no problems and it compiles well for any platform just using the settings of the main project. What are we missing?

Cheers,
Tomasz

yuriy_sydorov

RE: KOL + TDbf - proper Lazarus configuration
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 10:23:52 pm »
You need to use fpc 2.2.1 and build it from svn sources. It have dbf unit for arm-wince target.

Do not drop any non-KOL components on a form in KOL-CE application. Use code to create/destroy needed components.

tomcmok

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 03:27:08 pm »
Yury - thanks for your hint, I've done what you suggested and it worked, however when I do some changes to the TDbf code - what is the best way to properly recompile it. For now I'm using "makefile" that is present in the sources directory of TDbf, but it compiles to a different directory than the one used by Lazarus. I'm moving the compiled units to the proper place, but maybe there is some better way?

Cheers,
Tomasz

yuriy_sydorov

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 02:42:05 pm »
You can add path to dbf sources to units path in your projects settings and dbf units will be recompiled when you change something in them.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018