Recent

Author Topic: Error linking in crosscompile  (Read 2280 times)

BlueIcaro

• Blog personal
Error linking in crosscompile
« on: October 28, 2020, 11:48:37 am »
Hello, I have a binding unit to a library. In my unit I have this code:
Code: [Select]
  gevlib = 'libGevApi.so';   
(...)
// Get the number of Gev devices seen by the system.
//Test OK.
function GevDeviceCount(): integer; cdecl; external gevlib;   
I programing in Ubuntu 18.04-AMD64. I use a fpcdeluxe lazarus build, because the final code will run in arm-linux.
When I test the code in my laptop, I have any issue. But when I change to arm-linux compile mode I got the following error:
Compilar proyecto, Modo: jetson, CPU: arm, Objetivo: bin/linux-arm/Testcmd: Código de salida 1, Errores: 1, Advertencias: 1
dalsa.pas(157,3) Warning: Comment level 2 found
Linking /home/jorge/Documentos/git/Lazarus-Dalsa/bin/linux-arm/Testcmd
/home/jorge/fpcupdeluxe/fpcupdeluxe/cross/bin/arm-linux/arm-linux-gnueabihf-ld: cannot find -lGevApi
Testcmd.lpr(76,1) Error: Error while linking

I think the compiler is searching for the library. I got the library for arm. I tried to include in compiler options/path, but I got this error:
./armlib//libGevApi.so: file not recognized: file format not recognized

, but I don't how to include in my proyect.

Thanks for your help

/BlueIcaro

DonAlfredo

Re: Error linking in crosscompile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 12:07:21 pm »
Put the correct libGevApi.so in /home/jorge/fpcupdeluxe/fpcupdeluxe/cross/lib/arm-linux
And with correct I mean: I guess that libGevApi.so is just a symlink. You will need the library itself, not the symlink.

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 01:26:19 pm »
Put the correct libGevApi.so in /home/jorge/fpcupdeluxe/fpcupdeluxe/cross/lib/arm-linux
And with correct I mean: I guess that libGevApi.so is just a symlink. You will need the library itself, not the symlink.

Symlinks are correctly handled by ld.

I think the compiler is searching for the library. I got the library for arm. I tried to include in compiler options/path, but I got this error:
./armlib//libGevApi.so: file not recognized: file format not recognized

, but I don't how to include in my proyect.

You need to add the path where the library resides in with -Fl....

Would you also please provide the output of file /path/to/libGevApi.so?

BlueIcaro

• Blog personal
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 04:32:37 pm »
BTW, I make a mistake in my first post, the cpu target is aarch64.

Would you also please provide the output of file /path/to/libGevApi.so?

I don't know what is it?.
Give me some instructions to provide that info to you.

/BlueIcaro

Edit: PascalDragron do you want to say the output when I try to compile?. I got this info from console
Hint: (lazarus) Project needs building: Compile was incomplete for Project
[TCompiler.Compile] CmdLine="/home/jorge/fpcupdeluxe/fpcupdeluxe/fpc/bin/x86_64-linux/fpc.sh  -Tlinux -Paarch64 -MObjFPC -Scghi -CX -O3 -XX -l -vewnhibq -Fi/home/jorge/Documentos/git/Lazarus-Dalsa/lib/aarch64-linux -Fl/home/jorge/Documentos/git/Lazarus-Dalsa/armlib/lib/lib -Fu/home/jorge/Documentos/git/Lazarus-Dalsa/ -FU/home/jorge/Documentos/git/Lazarus-Dalsa/lib/aarch64-linux/ -FE/home/jorge/Documentos/git/Lazarus-Dalsa/bin/linux-aarch64/ -o/home/jorge/Documentos/git/Lazarus-Dalsa/bin/linux-aarch64/Testcmd Testcmd.lpr"
Info: (lazarus) Execute Title="Compilar proyecto, Modo: jetson, CPU: aarch64, Objetivo: bin/linux-aarch64/Testcmd"
Info: (lazarus) Working Directory="/home/jorge/Documentos/git/Lazarus-Dalsa/"
Info: (lazarus) Executable="/home/jorge/fpcupdeluxe/fpcupdeluxe/fpc/bin/x86_64-linux/fpc.sh"
Info: (lazarus) Param[0]="-Tlinux"
Info: (lazarus) Param[1]="-Paarch64"
Info: (lazarus) Param[2]="-MObjFPC"
Info: (lazarus) Param[3]="-Scghi"
Info: (lazarus) Param[4]="-CX"
Info: (lazarus) Param[5]="-O3"
Info: (lazarus) Param[6]="-XX"
Info: (lazarus) Param[7]="-l"
Info: (lazarus) Param[8]="-vewnhibq"
Info: (lazarus) Param[9]="-Fi/home/jorge/Documentos/git/Lazarus-Dalsa/lib/aarch64-linux"
Info: (lazarus) Param[10]="-Fl/home/jorge/Documentos/git/Lazarus-Dalsa/armlib/lib/lib"
Info: (lazarus) Param[11]="-Fu/home/jorge/Documentos/git/Lazarus-Dalsa/"
Info: (lazarus) Param[12]="-FU/home/jorge/Documentos/git/Lazarus-Dalsa/lib/aarch64-linux/"
Info: (lazarus) Param[13]="-FE/home/jorge/Documentos/git/Lazarus-Dalsa/bin/linux-aarch64/"
Info: (lazarus) Param[14]="-o/home/jorge/Documentos/git/Lazarus-Dalsa/bin/linux-aarch64/Testcmd"
Info: (lazarus) Param[15]="Testcmd.lpr"
[TCompiler.Compile] end
Hint: (lazarus) [TMainIDE.DoBuildProject] compiler time in s: 0,135000399313867
Error: (lazarus) [TMainIDE.DoBuildProject] Compile failed
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 04:46:04 pm by BlueIcaro »

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 09:22:37 am »
No, I meant what I said:

$> file /path/to/libGevApi.so
E.g. on my system for libc it will look like this:

sb@Merkur:~$ file /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc-2.27.so
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc-2.27.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, BuildID[sha1]=d3cf764b2f97ac3efe366ddd07ad902fb6928fd7, for GNU/Linux 3.2.0, stripped

Nevertheless regarding the output you provided: is the path to your libGevApi.so part of the paths listed there with -Fl?

BlueIcaro

• Blog personal
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 06:34:11 pm »
Hi, file comand returns this:
file /usr/local/lib/libGevApi.so
/usr/local/lib/libGevApi.so: symbolic link to /usr/local/lib/libGevApi.so.2

After put libGevApi.so in the path -Fl, I make a small step. Because I got a lot of warnings, and after a new linking error:
/home/jorge/fpcupdeluxe/fpcupdeluxe/cross/bin/arm-linux/arm-linux-gnueabihf-ld: warning: libCorW32.so.1, needed by ./LibPi//libGevApi.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/home/jorge/fpcupdeluxe/fpcupdeluxe/cross/bin/arm-linux/arm-linux-gnueabihf-ld: warning: libGenApi_gcc46_v3_0.so, needed by ./LibPi//libGevApi.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/home/jorge/fpcupdeluxe/fpcupdeluxe/cross/bin/arm-linux/arm-linux-gnueabihf-ld: warning: libGCBase_gcc46_v3_0.so, needed by ./LibPi//libGevApi.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

So I add all library that I found in the compiler messages.
But I couldn't solve the last one. This:
/home/jorge/fpcupdeluxe/fpcupdeluxe/cross/bin/arm-linux/arm-linux-gnueabihf-ld: ./LibPi//libGevApi.so: undefined reference to `fcntl@GLIBC_2.28'

/BlueIcaro

DonAlfredo

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 07:32:40 pm »
You are doing good !  ;D
However. You have now encountered a more difficult problem. Let me explain.

You are cross-compiling towards linux-arm. This OS has its own libs with its own versions of glibc and other libraries.

To allow you to cross-compile, fpcupdeluxe has downloaded its own, more or less general Linux arm libs. I just had a look at the GNU C Library: Ubuntu GLIBC 2.24. Older than the libs you need to link against your own version of libGevApi.

So, you have a version mismatch.
Replace all cross arm-linux libs from fpcupdeluxe with libs from your own system. You will be certain that your app will work on your system. With the right versions.
Brute force:
Delete all fpcupdeluxe libs.
Copy all the libs from your arm-system /lib and usr/lib. Thats a lot, but will work.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018