Recent

Author Topic: Quarantine in OSX and how install to application  (Read 1022 times)

dariolaz

Quarantine in OSX and how install to application
« on: October 27, 2020, 08:58:36 am »
Hello everyone,
i am used to development on windows, but with Lazarus i'm going to mac. So, i build a virtual machine catalina, i installed Lazarus. All works, but ... i made an executable and I would like my customers to download it without going through the apple stor e(because it is not a definitive program and I do not want the apple store costs for now).

I have these problems:

1) the osx operating system marks as quarantine all my files in the zip my clients download from my website, and does not run the executable. What solved with the xattrib command ... but I was wondering, for less experienced users, if there is a way to solve it through the graphical interface, since the less experienced do not know what it means to go to the terminal ...

2) once downloaded the zip, the Mac shows me its unzipped folder. Ok, I would like to install it among the applications of the Mac. How can you do this, taking into account that the user I am addressing is not a programmer?

Thanks a lot for the help.
Darione

jwdietrich

• formatio reticularis
function GetRandomNumber: integer; // xkcd.com
begin
  GetRandomNumber := 4; // chosen by fair dice roll. Guaranteed to be random.
end;

http://www.formatio-reticularis.de

Lazarus 2.2.6 | FPC 3.2.2 | PPC, Intel, ARM | macOS, Windows, Linux

mischi

Re: Quarantine in OSX and how install to application
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 09:19:00 am »
For Mac users more common than a .zip file is a .dmg disk image. You can create it with diskutil.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 10:33:49 am »
I have experienced the same problem with fpcupdeluxe.
This app is also available as a zip archive. However, I use a patched version of the FPC zipper to zip the app and simultaneously set the executable bit correct for OSX.
Besides, OSX-users need to open the app through Finder (by right-clicking on the app itself). This has only to be done once.

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 12:50:00 am »
i made an executable and I would like my customers to download it without going through the apple stor e(because it is not a definitive program and I do not want the apple store costs for now).

I really think your clients would appreciate you:

* Joining the Apple Developer Program (the cost is $US 99 annually);
* Signing and notarising your application(s) with valid Apple certificates
* Providing either an installation .pkg file for the installer or, at the very least, a .dmg file.

For deployment options, refer to https://wiki.freepascal.org/Deploying_Your_Application#macOS_Deployment

For creating installer .pkg files for the macOS installer, I use Packages.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018