Recent

Author Topic: Can't get anchordockingdsgn to dock editor file  (Read 2142 times)

hakelm

Can't get anchordockingdsgn to dock editor file
« on: October 26, 2020, 03:02:33 pm »
In earlier versions of Lazarus anchordockingdsgn worked without a glitch and I had just a single window in the IDE.
Now with the recent Lazarus 2.0.10 under Ubuntu 16.04 I can't get anchordockingdsgn to dock the editor file, see screenshot in the attachment.
What am I missing and what can I do?
Thanks for any tip

devEric69

Re: Can't get anchordockingdsgn to dock editor file
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 03:15:21 pm »
Hello,

Oddly enough. The necessary packages for anchoring are all present, and correctly installed (i.e. theoretically, already installed inside the IDE, afaik). Did you try anyway to rebuild the Lazarus IDE (menu Tools > Build Lazarus with profile... )?
use: Linux 64 bits (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS).
Lazarus version: 2.0.4 (svn revision: 62502M) compiled with fpc 3.0.4 - fpDebug \ Dwarf3.

hakelm

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 03:28:30 pm »
Yes, I have not only rebuilt but also uninstalled and reinstalled anchordockingdsgn several times and even rebooted.
H

devEric69

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 04:39:50 pm »
I know that miscellaneousoptions.xml contains the IDE build options, and some minors. On my computer, miscellaneousoptions.xml contains a reference on each package \ item: AnchorDocking and AnchorDockingDsgn.
Are these references present in your miscellaneousoptions.xml file?
Lazarus version: 2.0.4 (svn revision: 62502M) compiled with fpc 3.0.4 - fpDebug \ Dwarf3.

hakelm

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 05:17:13 pm »
In /root/.lazarus/miscellaneousoptions.xml I find
<Item8 Value="AnchorDockingDsgn"/>
My /root/.lazarus/miscellaneousoptions.xml renamed as .txt is attached.

devEric69

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 06:25:49 pm »
Okay, references are there.

My /root/.lazarus/miscellaneousoptions.xml renamed as .txt is attached.

At my level, when I open the 2 *.lpk packages (installed by FCPupDeluxe, but it has to be the same with Online Package Manager.), I read...:
- anchordocking requires LCL
- anchordockingdsgn requires anchordocking and IDEIntf
...and the LCL + anchordocking + IDEIntf packages are present, and installed in my IDE (menu Package > Install/Uninstall packages; btw, LCL and IDEIntf are theoretically not uninstallable; Cf. a small red mark besides them). That is all, afaik...??!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 06:31:45 pm by devEric69 »

dsiders

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 06:29:24 pm »
The problem is not whether it is installed.

The problem is that the floating Source Code window can *never* be re-inserted into its original dock position as long as the Tab Control with the Message, Break Points, Watched, et. al. is visbile. Close all that junk, and the source code window can be docked as desired. Then "View" the items that were closed (if you want them back.

Not just a Linux problem... it happens on Windows too.
Preview Lazarus 3.99 documentation at: https://dsiders.gitlab.io/lazdocsnext

devEric69

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 06:42:12 pm »
Close all that junk, and the source code window can be docked as desired

Good idea:
- try to close all the IDE windows (search, debug this, source editors, etc). Close the IDE, and reopen it...
- if it doesn't work: : try to view all the IDE windows  (search, debug this, etc) in order to resize them to very small size centered in your screen, to close the IDE, and reopen it...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 06:43:50 pm by devEric69 »

hakelm

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2020, 08:50:38 pm »
Thanks all for your help.
For me now the problem is solved but I don't know why and how. It seems, however, to be project related.
I normally use Lazarus for making what in Project/new project is called program for later being used on remote servers.
When I created a new project I got a single IDE window just as I would like. Reopening the old project I again got multiple windows. I copied the old source text into a new lpr-file and presto a nice single window IDE opened up.
I am sorry taking up your time.
H
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 10:47:40 pm by hakelm »

hakelm

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 10:19:15 am »
The problem seems to be in the .lps file (Lazarus Project Session file). Closing the project and simply deleting the .lps file and reopening the project resolves the issue (a new .lps file is automatically generated).
H

TinyPortal © 2005-2018