Forum > Networking and Web Programming

edgebrowser package

<< < (2/6) > >>

Soner:
Webview2(Edge Browser as library) in Lazarus would be fine. You could use updated browser without delivering big files.
I imported type library for webview2 and i tried to do same as with ie-activexbrowser with no luck. I will look it later.
But if someone wants to try here example project with imported type library and download links.

alaa123456789:

--- Quote from: Soner on November 05, 2020, 03:22:44 pm ---Webview2(Edge Browser as library) in Lazarus would be fine. You could use updated browser without delivering big files.
I imported type library for webview2 and i tried to do same as with ie-activexbrowser with no luck. I will look it later.
But if someone wants to try here example project with imported type library and download links.

--- End quote ---
yeah this why i suggest it , but we need experts in this forum to help with that so everyone can benefit from it .

thanks 

MISV:
I hope someone will implement support for webview2 - big advantage not having to ship big packages with exe (and using built-in Windows  browser also ensure your app always uses fully patched browser)

alaa123456789:

--- Quote from: MISV on March 30, 2021, 09:43:52 am ---I hope someone will implement support for webview2 - big advantage not having to ship big packages with exe (and using built-in Windows  browser also ensure your app always uses fully patched browser)

--- End quote ---
i hope so ,we urge experts to help with this

thanks in advance

lainz:
I agree this can be very handy. If I remember correctly there is a native browser for macos done by Phill. Now is missing Windows.

If not supported on Linux something is wrong (with Linux) but maybe in the end it will add some package that does the same... Maybe with Firefox...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version