Recent

Author Topic: Is it possible to create ActiveX or .NET controls with Lazarus?  (Read 741 times)

CM630

• Не съм сигурен, че те разбирам.
    • http://sourceforge.net/u/cm630/profile/
Is it possible to create ActiveX or .NET controls with Lazarus?
« on: October 20, 2020, 07:58:44 am »
Hi, I would like to use some Lazarus controls in LabView. LabView supports .NET and ActiveX controls, it does not seem to support COM controls.
Is it possible to create a .NET or ActiveX control with Lazarus? Or maybe I should create a .NET control and wrap it somehow in .NET?
Лазар 3,2 32 bit (sometimes 64 bit); FPC3,2,2; rev: Lazarus_3_0 on Win10 64bit.

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
Re: Is it possible to create ActiveX or .NET controls with Lazarus?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 09:28:34 am »
The way to go would be ActiveX controls (ActiveX controls are COM controls, there are no specific COM controls), however Lazarus currently does not provide any wizards to generate the necessary boilerplate code and thus it is probably not tested how well it would work. You could try to generate the necessary boilerplate code using a Community Edition of Delphi and then use that with Lazarus, however your mileage may vary.

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
Re: Is it possible to create ActiveX or .NET controls with Lazarus?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 09:30:35 am »
I've looked at what Delphi does and it turns out that it requires quite some code to get this working correctly.

So maybe your best bet would indeed be a simple .NET library that calls a Lazarus library...

TinyPortal © 2005-2018