Recent

Author Topic: Windows 10X without win32  (Read 2914 times)

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
Re: Windows 10X without win32
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2020, 12:32:21 am »
Yes of course, remember that this is not replacing Windows 10. Is like a separate product, so there will be Windows 10 (for gamers, developers in PC and Notebooks) and Windows 10X (for tablets and low-end notebooks, like to fight with Chrome OS, Android and the like).

In my country is cheapest to buy a PC than a Notebook, and PC are more powerfull to work developing.

So I never will buy a Windows 10 X to work, I think Windows 10 X will not have Visual Studio (at least in the first years). So you will still need Windows 10 to develop the applications for Windows 10 X.

-------------------------------------------------------

Offtopic:

Or if the trend goes all web, the apps will be done in the browser, they're already working on an IDE for GitHub (is their same IDE Visual Studio Online that failed).

I know some other web IDE's like this one (stackblitz.com). This can deploy to Firebase in one click, so no need to have a PC to develop.

ASBzone

• Automation leads to relaxation...
    • Free Console Utilities for Windows (and a few for Linux) from BrainWaveCC
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 12:34:43 am »
M$ earns now more money with their cloud than with windows.
And M$ always ran behind the money.

Microsoft has run with a lot of things that didn't make money for a while, too.  Like XBox.   That is paying off for them at present.

And, Azure is making a ton of money because it is running two of their two money makers: Office and Windows.   (And it is doing well because it runs more than just Windows well)
-ASB: https://www.BrainWaveCC.com/

Lazarus v2.2.7-ada7a90186 / FPC v3.2.3-706-gaadb53e72c
(Windows 64-bit install w/Win32 and Linux/Arm cross-compiles via FpcUpDeluxe on both instances)

My Systems: Windows 10/11 Pro x64 (Current)

ASBzone

• Automation leads to relaxation...
    • Free Console Utilities for Windows (and a few for Linux) from BrainWaveCC
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2020, 12:36:43 am »
Yes of course, remember that this is not replacing Windows 10. Is like a separate product, so there will be Windows 10 (for gamers, developers in PC and Notebooks) and Windows 10X (for tablets and low-end notebooks, like to fight with Chrome OS, Android and the like).

Which makes sense for them.  Trying to have one monolithic platform that ran on all hardware has proved to be difficult and pointless.

Providing a version of Windows that can run on ARM and x86, but not be saddled with 32-bit code is not entirely a bad idea.  Let's see the execution, though...
-ASB: https://www.BrainWaveCC.com/

Lazarus v2.2.7-ada7a90186 / FPC v3.2.3-706-gaadb53e72c
(Windows 64-bit install w/Win32 and Linux/Arm cross-compiles via FpcUpDeluxe on both instances)

My Systems: Windows 10/11 Pro x64 (Current)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018