Recent

Author Topic: More Delphi6 - like functionality  (Read 7338 times)

Angello

More Delphi6 - like functionality
« on: October 13, 2004, 04:58:41 pm »
1. In editor DoubleClick -> to select word under mouse
2. code completion /i think it`s hard to be made :oops: /
3. when debugging - code insight (see variable`s value where the mouse is over (if possible) )
4. cosmetic - the hints at component palette to pop above the cursor position, because now the cursor hides part of the hint
5. Form designer - when "alignment" is changed - automatically to set apropriate anchors values
6. Delete unused but declared functions (this is questoinable feature maybe optional)

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 09:49:42 am »
1. This is a partially fixed bug. Please submit a bug report.

2. Try <CTRL>+<SHIFT>+C. Or maybe you mean identifier completion: <CTRL>+<SPACE>. See also http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/index.php?wiki=LazarusIdeTools

3. The debugging functionality is not complete, indeed. Some work needs to be done.

4. Please submit a bug report.

5. Could you send a mail about this to the lazarus mailing list. IIRC, it is not trivial what appropiate anchor values are. BTW lazarus has a more general resizing mechanism, although not completely implemented yet (I think). That might conflict with your ideas. So a discussion might be usefull.

6. I am not sure how to react to this. I think submitting a bug report is best ATM. Lazarus developers can decide what to do with it. Don't expect it to be implemented soon, but it might end up in the Roadmap and at least it won't be forgotten.

Angello

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 03:52:26 pm »
Thank You, Vincent.
 for 2. I meant identifier completion, so nice that it`s done. I`m feeling now Lazarus better :-)
5. It`s maybe a form-designer bug. Now It seems like "Anchors" and "Align" are two autonomous systems for alignment messing each other. (Laz..9.2.b sample:If I change all anchors to false, the component goes to center of form and there locks so it can`t be moved (design time). I`m playing with Tpanel but buttons and other components are affected too.)

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 01:06:42 pm »
3 is also already working. You have to turn it on. (I've no Lazarus here, but it is somewhere on a config dialog in the topleft,  between about 5 other checkboxes (maybe codetools or so))
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

zero2nine

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 03:20:32 pm »
Hehe whoops... been coding for years and I too thought it was code completion I so vigorously had been using, when all along it was identifier completion  :lol: . This whole Lazarus-thing looks VERY promising!   8)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018