Recent

Author Topic: Proposal of new collaborative Lazarus project for 2021: AccuRT  (Read 4083 times)

gfuggetta

Proposal of new collaborative Lazarus project for 2021: AccuRT
« on: December 27, 2020, 05:19:20 pm »
Dear Lazarus community,

I am an academic working in a department of Psychology in the UK, who is looking for collaborators to develop together a AccuRT: a low-cost external chronometer for accurate measurement of response times (RTs). AccuRT will allow researchers/academics all around the world to accurately measure lag free reaction times (RTs) while running all their experiments using their preferred Psychology experiment generators software, e.g. E-Prime, PsychoPy, Psychtoolbox, etc. If you will like this project, the idea is that I will cover all the expenses to develop the hardware of AccuRT and will send you via post the assembled device. Whereas you will have the recreational activity to develop the software of AccurRT serial device in Lazarus for Windows, MacOs and Linux.

I have prepared a 18 pages PDF file with all the hardware/software details. As soon as you will contact me via email, I would be happy to send you the complete PDF file for you to further evaluate the feasibility of this nice project. Here I have only attached a short description of the main features of the software.

I you that you will be happy to collaborate with me having fun developing this nice project in the coming year 2021.

Many thanks

Giorgio

P.S.: If you are potentially interested, please do not hesitate to contact me via email: gfuggetta@yahoo.it

MarkMLl

Re: Proposal of new collaborative Lazarus project for 2021: AccuRT
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 06:07:55 pm »
Sounds interesting, I'll try to take a look at that a little later.

Oh, and there's no need to be coy about your affiliation, you're an easy (and eminent :-) hit on Google.

MarkMLl
MT+86 & Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN & graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.
GitHub repositories: https://github.com/MarkMLl?tab=repositories

gfuggetta

Re: Proposal of new collaborative Lazarus project for 2021: AccuRT
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 11:48:15 pm »
Hello MarkMLI,

Thank you for your potential interest in this project.

I sent you an email with a direct link to download the full documentation as PDF file on how I conceived the implementation of AccuRT in terms of both hardware and software. Please note I am not a software engineer or an electrical engineer. So my suggestions on how to implement the device are possible not matching yiur standards. I hope you will have some time to take a look at the documentation and perhaps suggest (if you don't have time) a friendly Lazarus programmer who i should contact to collaborate to develop tge software to read input data in 'real' time from serial ports.

Thank you very much

Giorgio

MarkMLl

TinyPortal © 2005-2018