Recent

Author Topic: spkToolbar evolution  (Read 7459 times)

wp

Re: spkToolbar evolution
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2020, 11:43:48 pm »
Thanks.

I tried to apply the patch, but was not successful ("The patch does not apply cleanly ... Patching is not possible"). I split it into the individual file parts, and managed to patch spkt_Const, spkToolbar and spkt_Appearance as well as the demo. As for the AppearanceEditor, however, the patch file contains a note for the lfm file saying "Cannot display: file marked as a binary type.".

Could you please try to create the patch again for the appearance editor again? As an exception add also the full files, if there is such an issue again.

husker

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2020, 09:32:32 am »
Weird... I've created a new patch with only Appearance Editor unit and form, and I also got the "Cannot display: file marked as a binary type" when I check the patch in TortoiseUDiff. But seeing diffs with TortoiseMerge, the .lfm file is seen as a text file ?! I should do something wrong, but I don't know what  %)...

I attach the patch but also the original files (I had to change .lfm file extension to attach it).

Thanks for your time :).
Lazarus 2.0.10 / Windows 10 1903 hobbyist developer. Happy to learn every day !

wp

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2020, 04:59:21 pm »
Still the same problem, no idea why TortoiseSVN considers a file with mime-type text/plain as binary... But with the full files I could complete the patch. Thanks. I fixed anchoring and TabOrder and reworked the autosizing for the AppearanceEditor.

husker

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2020, 08:13:18 pm »
OK.

Thanks wp for the corrections, and merging my changes. I must confess that I completely forgot to check tab order on the appearance editor  :-[...

I'll update my package to match the repository, and start working on the next step. I've 3 or 4 differents things that I still want to add, but I don't know yet which one I'll pick and work on :). I need to think about this for a while now.

Stay tuned  ;).
Lazarus 2.0.10 / Windows 10 1903 hobbyist developer. Happy to learn every day !

spook

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2022, 09:43:59 pm »
Hey Husker!

I'm the original author of the TSpkToolbar. That's really a tremendous job you have done in this component! It's really cool to see, that even 11 years after I donated it to Lazarus community, it is still being developed and used.

Fun fact: it seems to have been used even by Autodesk: https://www.autodesk.com/company/legal-notices-trademarks/open-source-distribution :)

Keep up the good work, I hope you had fun fiddling around with this control :)

Best regards -- Spook.

ChristianH

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2023, 09:53:28 am »
Sorry for digging this old topic out, but I found a performance problem in the TSpkBaseButton and its Childs. Every time you update the captions or imageindex you force a repaint. It runs way faster if you compare the existing value before updating.

Like this:

Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. procedure TSpkBaseButton.SetCaption(const Value: string);
  2. begin
  3.   if Value <> FCaption then
  4.   begin
  5.    FCaption := Value;
  6.    if Assigned(FToolbarDispatch) then
  7.     FToolbarDispatch.NotifyMetricsChanged;
  8.   end;
  9. end;

wp

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2023, 10:21:58 am »
Fixed in svn (ccr) (plus some more of these...)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018