Recent

Author Topic: LMath compilation and reghill  (Read 3037 times)

alanphys

LMath compilation and reghill
« on: September 21, 2020, 02:55:26 pm »
Hi

Thanks for this very useful library. I ran into a couple of problems installing and compiling the packages on my Fedora 32 system.

1) types.inc was missing from the lmath_and_components_05_1.zip file in lmGenMath. I managed to get it from SVN trunk.
2) Unit graph is apparently no longer available for 64 bit OSes (I don't know about win64). I had to replace unit graph in uplot in unit lmPlotter with ptcgraph. I also had to install libXxf86dga-devel to get lmPlotter to compile.

For reghill.pas I had to include uerrors in the uses clause. I also had to initialise CThreads.

Hope this is useful.
Regards
Alanphys
Fedora 34 + KDE/QT5, Tinycore 8, Windows XP-10
https://github.com/alanphys

erik2727

Re: LMath compilation and reghill
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 03:43:32 pm »
Hi,

On win64  windows  platform previous  lmath-0.5 seemed working fine .

glorfin

• LMath supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 05:08:54 pm »
1) types.inc was missing from the lmath_and_components_05_1.zip file in lmGenMath. I managed to get it from SVN trunk.
2) Unit graph is apparently no longer available for 64 bit OSes (I don't know about win64). I had to replace unit graph in uplot in unit lmPlotter with ptcgraph. I also had to install libXxf86dga-devel to get lmPlotter to compile.
For reghill.pas I had to include uerrors in the uses clause. I also had to initialise CThreads.

Oops! Many thanks! I have uploaded lmath_and_components_05_1.zip with types.inc included and now inspecting bgi demo programs.
In Windows 64, yes, uErrors must be included in almost all bgi demos, otherwise they seem to work fine. I will try 64-bit Xubuntu later this week.

Once more, many thanks for your report!

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 09:03:30 am »
I also had to install libXxf86dga-devel to get lmPlotter to compile.
This sounds like a good candidate for a wiki entry...
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

VTwin

• Former Turbo Pascal 3 user
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 07:51:47 pm »
I am also having trouble using lmath 0.5.1.

In 0.5 I could just open the lmath.lpk package file, and it worked fine.

In 0.5.1 I am getting numerous missing package dependency errors. When opening all the individual package files, I also run into the missing 'graph' file problem, even though I do not use the graphics functions.

I am currently trying to compile on a Mac, but will need to on Windows and Ubuntu as well. Any tweaks to make compilation smoother would be appreciated.

Thanks for working on this very useful library!

EDIT: I made a separate package for only the files I need from trunk, this seems to be working fine.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 08:59:59 pm by VTwin »
“Talk is cheap. Show me the code.” -Linus Torvalds

Free Pascal Compiler 3.2.2
macOS 12.1: Lazarus 2.2.6 (64 bit Cocoa M1)
Ubuntu 18.04.3: Lazarus 2.2.6 (64 bit on VBox)
Windows 7 Pro SP1: Lazarus 2.2.6 (64 bit on VBox)

glorfin

• LMath supporter
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 12:54:02 pm »
Hi, VTwin!
lmath.lpk simply uses all other packages. So, before compiling LMath.lpk, one has to compile all other packages from the library. But after it is done, it is sufficient to add only LMath to dependencies of a project.
--------
I do not visit this forum every day, so, you can get response faster if use also tickets at the site of LMath.

Best regards!

TinyPortal © 2005-2018