Forum > Lazarus Extra Components

LMath compilation and reghill

(1/2) > >>

alanphys:
Hi

Thanks for this very useful library. I ran into a couple of problems installing and compiling the packages on my Fedora 32 system.

1) types.inc was missing from the lmath_and_components_05_1.zip file in lmGenMath. I managed to get it from SVN trunk.
2) Unit graph is apparently no longer available for 64 bit OSes (I don't know about win64). I had to replace unit graph in uplot in unit lmPlotter with ptcgraph. I also had to install libXxf86dga-devel to get lmPlotter to compile.

For reghill.pas I had to include uerrors in the uses clause. I also had to initialise CThreads.

Hope this is useful.
Regards

erik2727:
Hi,

On win64  windows  platform previous  lmath-0.5 seemed working fine .

glorfin:

--- Quote from: alanphys on September 21, 2020, 02:55:26 pm ---1) types.inc was missing from the lmath_and_components_05_1.zip file in lmGenMath. I managed to get it from SVN trunk.
2) Unit graph is apparently no longer available for 64 bit OSes (I don't know about win64). I had to replace unit graph in uplot in unit lmPlotter with ptcgraph. I also had to install libXxf86dga-devel to get lmPlotter to compile.
For reghill.pas I had to include uerrors in the uses clause. I also had to initialise CThreads.

--- End quote ---

Oops! Many thanks! I have uploaded lmath_and_components_05_1.zip with types.inc included and now inspecting bgi demo programs.
In Windows 64, yes, uErrors must be included in almost all bgi demos, otherwise they seem to work fine. I will try 64-bit Xubuntu later this week.

Once more, many thanks for your report!

avra:

--- Quote from: alanphys on September 21, 2020, 02:55:26 pm ---I also had to install libXxf86dga-devel to get lmPlotter to compile.
--- End quote ---
This sounds like a good candidate for a wiki entry...

VTwin:
I am also having trouble using lmath 0.5.1.

In 0.5 I could just open the lmath.lpk package file, and it worked fine.

In 0.5.1 I am getting numerous missing package dependency errors. When opening all the individual package files, I also run into the missing 'graph' file problem, even though I do not use the graphics functions.

I am currently trying to compile on a Mac, but will need to on Windows and Ubuntu as well. Any tweaks to make compilation smoother would be appreciated.

Thanks for working on this very useful library!

EDIT: I made a separate package for only the files I need from trunk, this seems to be working fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version