Forum > Designer

Creating a derived frame, inheritable entries empty

(1/1)

marcov:
I wamt to create a derivative of a certain frame (visual form inheritance).

I go to "file->new..." and go to "inherited item", but the list is empty. How do I fill this list?

I checked, and the project does have a line in the uses clause with a "typed" comment for it:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---uses......  autoswitchfrm  {AutoSwitchFrame: TFrame};

af0815:
Normally working here (fixes). If i have Forms, Datamodules and frames in my Project, i see this in my list.

But the baselements must be in the project ! This mean in the project explorer in the files list.

MarkMLl:
This is not something I've used, but with trunk Inherited Item -> Inherited project component has a list populated with forms and frames.

MarkMLl

marcov:

--- Quote from: af0815 on September 17, 2020, 11:50:36 am ---Normally working here (fixes). If i have Forms, Datamodules and frames in my Project, i see this in my list.

But the baselements must be in the project ! This mean in the project explorer in the files list.

--- End quote ---

They are in the project. But this project is a Delphi conversion, maybe that has something to do with it.  The form files are still called DFM

marcov:
Hmm, on a different PC they _are_ there. So it is either a Lazarus fluke, something that is locale dependent (one machine Dutch localization, one US-int) or a project file other than .lpr + .lpi that contains the info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version