Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus doesn't recompile changed units  (Read 953 times)

wp

Re: Lazarus doesn't recompile changed units
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2020, 10:48:41 am »
Sometimes strange behaviour is caused by "super-intelligent" anti-virus going crazy: Turn off your virus-scanner for a test. Add Lazarus and project folders to the exception list of the scanner.

Converting from Delphi: The sources of external libraries in Delphi are usually added to the unit search path. You should not do this in Lazarus, instead of adding the units to the search path you should add the corresponding packages to the project requirements.
Mainly Lazarus trunk / fpc 3.2.0 / all 32-bit on Win-10, but many more...

Blaazen

• POKE 54296,15
    • Eye-Candy Controls
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2020, 04:56:09 pm »
I have also sometimes this experience. I also noticed remainig linkXXXX.res files in my project directory. It does not happen always. I observed the directory and in >90% cases of Quick Compile or Run (F9) is that file created temporarily and immediately disappears.
Time to time it persists.
(I had to change file extension to *.txt to be able to upload it.)
Lazarus 2.1.0 r63881 FPC 3.3.1 r40507 x86_64-linux-qt Chakra, Qt 4.8.7/5.13.2, Plasma 5.17.3
Lazarus 1.8.2 r57369 FPC 3.0.4 i386-win32-win32/win64 Wine 3.21

Try Eye-Candy Controls: https://sourceforge.net/projects/eccontrols/files/

Grahame Grieve

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2020, 08:58:57 am »
Anti-virus: only what windows has built in.

> - Are all the units in the project? (listed in project inspector?)

either they are listed in the source (a la delphi), or they are on the search path. It doesn't appear to make any difference which is which. I'm not using the project inspector.

> - Or if they are in packages, are they listed in that package?

not in packages.

> Are they all in the same folder, or are they in different sub/folders? How are other folders included.

There's about 25 folders for the source

And one case that sometimes may cause issues: Circular unit references, in combination with inline or generics. (Not sure about the exact circumstances needed to get an issue)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018