Forum > Free Pascal

fpcres now supports compilation of RC files

<< < (2/5) > >>

Fred vS:

--- Quote from: PascalDragon on August 13, 2020, 09:08:03 am ---
--- Quote from: Fred vS on August 13, 2020, 12:45:19 am ---Would it mean that fpc could produce now *.res resource files without the need of windres in Windows and Unix OS system too?

--- End quote ---

Yes, though for now you need to pass the parameter -FF to the compiler so that it uses fpcres instead of windres / gorc

--- End quote ---

Excellent, one step forward for more autonomy, many thanks to Martok and Sven.

Fre;D

Polarx79:
Thanks for all the hard work !! Blessings  :D

Fred vS:
Hello.

--- Quote ---However to make it default we need people to test it with their projects now
--- End quote ---

Sorry, I few late...
 :-[

Is it possible to try it with fpc 3.2.0 ?

Adding that parameter:  -FF

Gives that error at compilation:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---Error: (11006) Illegal parameter: -FF

marcov:
It is 3.2.1 plus.  Some fixes haven't been merged for non mainstream targets.

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: Fred vS on December 16, 2020, 03:05:14 am ---Is it possible to try it with fpc 3.2.0 ?
--- End quote ---

No, as marcov said it's only part of 3.2.1.

--- Quote from: Fred vS on December 16, 2020, 03:05:14 am ---Adding that parameter:  -FF

Gives that error at compilation:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---Error: (11006) Illegal parameter: -FF
--- End quote ---

Only the changes for the fpcres utility have been merged to 3.2.1, the support for the compiler to use fpcres for RC files has not been merged. This was done so that trunk can drop this parameter again once 3.2.2 (or 3.2.4) is released and instead make fpcres the default for RC files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version