Recent

Author Topic: Thinking about porting my Delphi grid to Lazarus  (Read 3843 times)

af0815

Re: Thinking about porting my Delphi grid to Lazarus
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2020, 02:20:41 pm »
So is nearly impossible for FPC/Lazarus to handle this. It is good to kown, if you want to deploy  closed Software.
regards
Andreas

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2020, 02:38:53 pm »
So is nearly impossible for FPC/Lazarus to handle this. It is good to kown, if you want to deploy  closed Software.
Yes, in practice a binary-only distribution is problematic. Both FPC and Lazarus have many targets and the component author cannot realistically build for all of them ... plus for all recent versions of FPC and LCL.
Providing sources solves the problem!
The business model must be built so that customers want to pay for it. Many vendors decided to provide a dual license. Then the open source version lures volunteer contributions which improves code quality.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2020, 03:53:48 pm »
Yes, in practice a binary-only distribution is problematic.
I think that TMS and some other vendors release a binary only trial tied to a specific IDE - like official 32bit Lazarus 2.10 (which comes with FPC 3.2 for Windows). That is not good if you aim for ARM Linux (for example), but in time vendors will learn and provide more trial platforms.
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

af0815

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2020, 05:00:52 pm »
For infos about the problems with ppu -> https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,47582.msg340981.html

This is good to know if you want to submit ppu's in the same way like Delphi for trials. 
regards
Andreas

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2020, 06:14:05 pm »
Lazarus have many targets and the component author cannot realistically build for all of them ... plus for all recent versions of

Lazarus itself is a counter proof. Build scripts.
Specialize a type, not a var.

jacekpazera

• Pazera-Software
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2020, 01:00:11 pm »
I have been using NextGrid 5 for several years (I bought a lifetime license) and I use it in a dozen of my programs.
This is a great component, much easier and "fun" than Virtual StringTree. NextGrid is very configurable, can handle thousands of rows without problems, has a very useful column editor, dragging columns and rows works without writing even one line of code, each column (and column header) have its own color and font, background and text color of each cell can be set in event handlers, it has a footer, and more...
NextGrid is really unique. I also have a VCL component package from TMS with AdvStringGrid, but I definitely prefer NextGrid.

Please share your component to the Lazarus / FPC community, even if it would be Windows only!

In the attachment there is a screenshot with the NextGrid 5

TinyPortal © 2005-2018