Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] ComboBox[Ex]: can I increase the showed lines of the Itemlist (Windows)  (Read 600 times)

Hartmut

Versions:
 - Lazarus 2.0.6 / FPC 3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.4 / FPC 3.0.4
 - Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have a TComboBox (same with TComboBoxEx) with 11 items. When I "open" the ComboBox[Ex] by clicking on the DropDown-Arrow, a list with the first 8 items is displayed. To see the other 3 items, I must always scroll.

It would be "nice to have" if I could increase this number of displayed lines from 8 to 11, but I found no property for this.

BTW: on Linux always all 11 items are displayed, so no scrolling is neccessary...

My question:
Is there a property (or another easy way) to increase the number of lines which are showed without having to scroll on Windows?

Please notice, that this is only a "nice to have" for me:
 - if this could be done "in a couple of minutes", I would like to use it.
 - what I definitely not want is, e.g. to draw the Itemlist by my own (or something with similar effort), because I'm still a beginner to the LCL and would need many hours or days until it works and (at this moment) I don't want to invest this time (have enough other problems of higher prio).

Thanks in advance for your help.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 09:25:48 am by Hartmut »

Blaazen

• POKE 54296,15
    • Eye-Candy Controls
Increase DropDownCount. It is the same as with standart ComboBox.
Lazarus 2.3.0 (rev main-2_3-2863...) FPC 3.3.1 x86_64-linux-qt Chakra, Qt 4.8.7/5.13.2, Plasma 5.17.3
Lazarus 1.8.2 r57369 FPC 3.0.4 i386-win32-win32/win64 Wine 3.21

Try Eye-Candy Controls: https://sourceforge.net/projects/eccontrols/files/

Hartmut

It works (both for TComboBox and TComboBoxEx)! Thank you very much, Blaazen.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018