Recent

Author Topic: Arduino DUE  (Read 4577 times)

Mathias

Re: Arduino DUE
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2020, 01:40:04 pm »
Thanks to this post I have come a step further: https://github.com/Sloeber/arduino-eclipse-plugin/issues/892

I have now taken version 1.7.0 of bossac, the upload worked right away, even after several attempts.

But unfortunately it still has a very big shortcoming. As soon as I disconnect the DUE from the power supply and reconnect it, the program no longer starts and the LED no longer flashes.
Only when I upload again will it work again.  ::)

And one more thing, uploading is only possible at the programming port.

But at least you can now test at least a few programs on the DUO. ;)

I use the following command to upload:
Code: [Select]
xxx/BOSSA-1.7.0/bin/bossac -e -w -v -b Project1.bin -R
Thanks to this post I have come a step further:

I have now taken version 1.7.0 of bossac, the upload worked right away, even after several attempts.

But unfortunately it still has a very big shortcoming. As soon as I disconnect the DUE from the power supply and reconnect it, the program no longer starts and the LED no longer flashes.
Only when I upload again will it work again.

And one more thing, uploading is only possible at the programming port.

But at least you can now test at least a few programs on the DUO.

I use the following command to upload:

Another thing to note is that the Com port must be reset via DTS, as is the case in the last code.
Whatever else, if you reset the port after uploading, the program will also be stopped, as with the current removal.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 01:44:34 pm by Mathias »

MiR

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2020, 06:18:07 pm »
Version 1.7 has the disadvantage that there is no precompiled x64 version for Mac available.

So if you you look for doing something that benefits everybody then 1.8 is the minimum version.

Mathias

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2020, 06:29:42 pm »

I did not test the 1.8.  Somehow I overlooked them.  :-X

Mathias

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2020, 04:41:44 pm »
Version 1.7 has the disadvantage that there is no precompiled x64 version for Mac available.

So if you you look for doing something that benefits everybody then 1.8 is the minimum version.
I have tested the 1.8, only an uninclusive error message.

$ /n4800/DATEN/Programmierung/Lazarus/Tutorials/Embedded/bossac/BOSSA-1.8.0/bin/bossac --port=ttyACM0 -i

SAM-BA operation failed
With the 1.7, the information from the CPU comes here.

I also observed something. I wrote yesterday. That with the current removal of the DUE, the program no longer starts.
But when I switched on the PC earlier, the LED was blinking.
Let's see if it will be the same next time.

Mathias

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2020, 04:04:09 pm »
I also observed something. I wrote yesterday. That with the current removal of the DUE, the program no longer starts.
But when I switched on the PC earlier, the LED was blinking.
Let's see if it will be the same next time.

This is understandable. The PC must first be disconnected from the power supply. Just a soft off / on via the power button is of no use.

Mathias

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2022, 05:14:44 pm »
[quote]What is also strange, if I try to upload the "am" from Arduino with bossac 1.9.1, it doesn't work either.[/quote]

With the 1.9.1 it also works halfway. You simply have to press the reset button after each upload.
Unfortunately, you also have to do this if you disconnect the DUE from the power supply and reconnect it. Which of course is stupid, you want the program to start immediately if there is a power failure.

By the way, my Linux Mint comes with bossac 1.9.1 by default, you just have to install it as follows:

[codel]sudo apt-get install bossac

Mathias

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2022, 05:31:31 pm »
Now I've almost managed it, now the program starts immediately after uploading, it also starts immediately as soon as the DUE gets power.
As a test program, I used a simple blinker.

But now the DUE has a very strange shortcoming. The program runs for about 10 seconds, then it pauses, also for about 10 seconds, then it starts again, etc.

I'm using Bossac 1.9.1 now

Does anyone have any advice?

The DUE now has the shortcoming with the following parameters:

/bin/bossac -e -b -s -R -v -w Project1.bin   

TinyPortal © 2005-2018