Recent

Author Topic: Delete and re-install  (Read 2279 times)

LittleBritaly

Delete and re-install
« on: August 05, 2020, 09:00:36 pm »
I uninstalled the 32 bit version of Lazarus to install the 64bit version (using uninstall.sh), however I'm unable to install any components (sorry, not at that machine right now so can't quote the exact error), I get errors when rebuilding the IDE/installing components, but an app will compile and run.

I have the same version of Lazarus on my macbook and this runs fine.

I assume it's something from the 32bit version causing the issue, I've also deleted fpc, fpc-src and re-installed, but the problem persists.

Therefore, my question is, how can i fully uninstall Lazarus on a mac along with all the configuration files.

ASBzone

• Automation leads to relaxation...
    • Free Console Utilities for Windows (and a few for Linux) from BrainWaveCC
Re: Delete and re-install
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 10:55:29 pm »
Version info desired, please:

OS...
FPC...
Lazarus...
-ASB: https://www.BrainWaveCC.com/

Lazarus v2.2.7-ada7a90186 / FPC v3.2.3-706-gaadb53e72c
(Windows 64-bit install w/Win32 and Linux/Arm cross-compiles via FpcUpDeluxe on both instances)

My Systems: Windows 10/11 Pro x64 (Current)

LittleBritaly

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 07:40:16 am »
Ah, sorry, it's High Sierra with Lazarus v2.0.10 and fpc 3.2.

The initial problem is "carbonbars.pp(16,2) Error: User defined: only cpu i386 is supported".

After the "upgrade" on the IDE Options panel (Tools/Options), the settings were still relevant for the earlier version, source directory for example was /usr/local/share/fpcsrc/3.04 instead of /usr/local/share/fpcsrc/3.2.0 and "Make" executable was simply make which was a 32 bit version, i had to change it to /usr/bin/make.

I have just solved solved that issue by changing the LCL widget type in "Configure Build Lazarus" from carbon to cocoa, despite rebuilding the IDE earlier by lazbuild --widgetset=cocoa.

Basically it looks like all the 32 bit settings have been retained and not overwritten by the 64bit installation.

I now have an issue rebuilding the IDE with this "ZPlainFirebirdDriver.pas(250,26) Error: No matching implementation for interface method "Initialize(const AnsiString);" found".

I'd still like to totally remove Lazarus and start from scratch, ideas anyone ?

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 07:54:41 am »
Under the current user there is a hidden ~/.lazarus directory that also needs to be deleted. (note the dot.)
This directory contains all lazarus configuration files. And indeed, a new install will not touch those if they are already present.
Best to remove the whole hidden .lazarus directory before a new install.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 07:57:10 am by Thaddy »
Specialize a type, not a var.

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 08:25:45 am »

LittleBritaly

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 07:12:09 am »
Thank you, deleting the .lazarus directory worked.

I still have an issue, when using the online package manager, the icons are reversed, eg mirrored at the top of the page, but when i try to click one nothing happens, I have to move the mouse to where the icon should be and when i move over the area it appears (until i move out of the area).

Please see screenshot attached.

It's not a major issue, but weird.

balazsszekely

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 07:24:27 am »
Thank you, deleting the .lazarus directory worked.

I still have an issue, when using the online package manager, the icons are reversed, eg mirrored at the top of the page, but when i try to click one nothing happens, I have to move the mouse to where the icon should be and when i move over the area it appears (until i move out of the area).

Please see screenshot attached.

It's not a major issue, but weird.
The issue is caused by VirtualStringTree, luckily it's already fixed in Lazarus trunk.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018