Recent

Author Topic: How to use "mcGrid" and "TMCStringGrid"?  (Read 1198 times)

Jvan

How to use "mcGrid" and "TMCStringGrid"?
« on: August 01, 2020, 08:38:27 pm »
I was seeing the code of merged_cells example from "C:\lazarus\examples\gridexamples\merged_cells".

So, I tried to make my own program, but I have this error message in the compiler:
"main.pas(9,20) Fatal: no puedo encontrar mcGrid utilizado por main del Inspector de Proyecto."
(it cannot find mcGrid used by main...)

I add this "mcGrid" to "uses"
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. uses
  2.   Classes, SysUtils, Forms, Controls, Graphics, Dialogs, StdCtrls, MaskEdit,
  3.   ExtCtrls, Grids, mcGrid;

But it doesn't compile.

jamie

Re: How to use "mcGrid" and "TMCStringGrid"?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 09:13:06 pm »
That unit is part of the Examples project, its not In the libraries..

If  you want to use it you can copy the file over to your project folder and store it there and it should work. Also you could add it to your project too using the project inspector.

But don't make a long file path link to it, just make a copy of it over to your project folder.
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

Jvan

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 12:13:54 am »
That unit is part of the Examples project, its not In the libraries..

If  you want to use it you can copy the file over to your project folder and store it there and it should work. Also you could add it to your project too using the project inspector.

But don't make a long file path link to it, just make a copy of it over to your project folder.

Hi,

I just did it, but now I have an exception message saying "EClassNotFound: Class "TStringGrid" not found".

jamie

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 03:24:17 pm »
Say what?

if you had copied that into your PROJECT folder, not any folders belonging to Lazarus you should receive an error like that..

if you start a new project and just drop a TStringGrid on the form and compile it does it compile and execute properly ?

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

Jvan

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 05:08:23 am »
Now it runs ok.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018