Recent

Author Topic: Weird glitch dialogs in linux.  (Read 276 times)

el3ctrolyte

Weird glitch dialogs in linux.
« on: August 01, 2020, 01:35:35 pm »
Hello everyone, i recently did a fresh install of debian unstable on my machine. I installed lazarus 2.0.8 using the official deb packages that i had on my harddrive. When i installed it, i ran lazarus to see if all is well and it seemed like it was. I thought i'd just write a basic program to make sure.

I literally just started a new project, popped a button on the form and put "Showmessage('Hello world');" in it's onclick event handler. When i ran the program, i clicked the button, the messagebox popped up, and i clicked ok and then closed the program. But when i close it, i get a sigsegv error. When i ran the program again, but without clicking the button and just closing it as soon as it starts, then there is no error.

I did the exact same thing on a debian stable machine with the exact same lazarus 2.0.8 packages to see if the problem was with lazarus but i do not get the same problem. Both machines have xfce installed(if that is useful information).

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
Re: Weird glitch dialogs in linux.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 09:57:32 pm »
Since it is such a simple project, can you provide it? Maybe you did something somewhere.
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

el3ctrolyte

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 11:52:29 am »
Well i didn't save the project but it was literraly just open a new project, place a button in the middle of the form and double click it. Write " Showmessage('Hello wolrd!'); ". And thats it!

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 01:19:04 pm »
That's quite weird.  I've tested with Lazarus 2.0.10 and I had no problem. Maybe you didn't installed correctly?  Where did you get the .deb files?  Can you install version 2.0.10?
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

TinyPortal © 2005-2018