Forum > Options

IDE option to always view project source?

(1/1)

dsiders:
I do not see an option in Tools > Options or in Project > Options to control viewing project source when the project is opened.

I know about Project > View Project Source. I was looking for a global IDE configuration option.

For now, I keep the Project Inspector open just to click on the project source.

Martin_fr:
I don't know about a global option.
The file can be opened from the "Project" menu. Bottom most entry: "Open project source"

However, unless you refer to creating a new project or to opening a project from someone else for the very first time, if you re-open a project the IDE should read your session file (lps). It should open the same units/files as were open before. So if you keep the project source open, it should re-open.

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on August 01, 2020, 11:30:06 am ---The file can be opened from the "Project" menu. Bottom most entry: "Open project source"

--- End quote ---

Which is, after all, fairly easy to find... unlike some of the facilities which only appear when one remembers about right-clicks :-)

What might be useful would be something which rearranged the tabs associated with a window to match the unit order in the project inspector, i.e. the .lpr file, if open, is at the left.

MarkMLl

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: MarkMLl on August 01, 2020, 02:54:55 pm ---What might be useful would be something which rearranged the tabs associated with a window to match the unit order in the project inspector, i.e. the .lpr file, if open, is at the left.

--- End quote ---

I don't think that will make it as a default feature, but could always be added as 3rd party package.
IMHO in most cases the order in the Project Inspector is arbitrary. (Except when previously sorted by alphabet.

While not what you want, you can sort them manually.
1) Drag/Drop tabs
2) Assignable keys to move current tab right/left/right-most/left-most
3) Tab-Context menu

Just one hint. An imho common scenario is to look up something using codetools.
Some unit will open, you will look at the definition, and go back (history jump back).

That leaves the unit open.
Using ctrl-f4 will close the unit.  And, if setup always return to the previous active unit.
  Tools > Options > Editor > Pages and Windows: "Use tab history when closing tabs"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version