Recent

Author Topic: Laz_synapse - several sources and alternatives  (Read 6508 times)

TRon

Re: Laz_synapse - several sources and alternatives
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2020, 10:11:31 am »
@Avra,

I have a difficult time with deciding how to address your post.

Reason 1 being that I am really tempted to burn your response to the ground and treat you with the same disrespect as you gave me. Thereby using the same techniques as you used on me, and also making it extra personal as you just did.

Instead, I make you an offer of re-reading your own words to be able to fully grasp what you wrote and the implications that has and kindly suggest that you revise your response accordingly.

Failing to do so will most certainly trigger a reaction from my part. You overstepped multiple boundaries there, and I will not be bullied and most certainly not in the way that you just did.

Reason 2 being that I do not wish to derail TS' thread even further. At least not until he's got an (satisfactory) answer.

Reason 3 being that I do not wish to repeat myself just for your satisfaction.

@process_1
Sorry for being off-topic.

I do not know if you've read my revised view on lnet because the claim I made earlier was based on not having up to date information on my part.

I am sorry if someone finds it buggy after using it for years. I would expect such person to either file many bug reports so we can all benefit, or simply switch to another lib. I do not find it logical that someone insists using buggy lib for years.
Another missed target audience  :'(

There is no point in doing so if bug-reports are not taken into account or around the time when pigs start falling out of the sky. That is/was the whole freakin' point of complaining.
Do you mind pointing to URLs of such bug reports so that we can judge by ourselves? Saying that something is buggy is simply not enough in a developer forum. You should give us arguments to consider. Or you think that we should believe without questioning? Do you consider your self such an authority?

Anyway, I still did not get the answer why would anyone use buggy lib for years? That simply does not make sense to me.

I bet you do not even noticed that OPM using sources that do not match original authors repo.
You lost that bet. If you search the forum you will find that original synapse lpk did not register ssl units by default, there were SVN and official version in OPM, and there was pl_synapse which I maintained for a while to allow users to use the same project in both Lazarus and CodeTyphon. It was a mess and there was a forum discussion and desire to simplify things with a single Synapse version. If I remember well, author didn't want to make such change (which is his right and I do not have a problem with that), so LPK change was made by the community and SVN Synapse version was chosen. That change was deployed by GetMem - the author of OPM, and now we have a single Synapse version in OPM instead of 3 versions. Lazarus IDE was also much happier to see only 1 instead of 3 versions of units having the same name.

Please stop using the guilt-trip approach there, as there is literally no point in doing so.
I have no problem when someone says that Synapse has bugs. I just want to see argumentation for that and concrete examples or bug reports since I am personally interested in elimination of such bugs. On the contrary - it looks like you have a problem when someone defends Synapse. Like defending Synapse is forbidden, since you are not happy with it.

Those who truly know simply understand how this really works in practise.
Such a silly and disrespectful argumentation. Please, the enlighten ones, tell us mere mortals how this works in your practice, so that we can improve ours!

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2020, 01:00:10 pm »
...I do not wish to repeat myself...
Neither do I. Enough said. I will try not to react on any further comments.
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

process_1

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2020, 06:04:16 am »
I do not know if you've read my revised view on lnet because the claim I made earlier was based on not having up to date information on my part.

Yes, I did, thank you.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018