Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Release 2.0.10  (Read 85059 times)

BobT

Re: Lazarus Release 2.0.10
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2020, 02:44:19 pm »
Re drag issue, the problem does not appear in my Windows 7 Lazarus install ver 2.0.10 r63526, either in the IDE or my applications. One Linux version which does show the problem is from Sourceforge, about info is dated 2020/07/07 (FPC 3.2.0 again) and marked 'Unversioned'; lazarus built from source today has the same behaviour.  Hope this may narrow it down a little.

Sieben

« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2020, 02:47:00 pm »
I'd like to confirm that for 32Bit Ubuntu Xenial, .deb install from Sourceforge. Sometimes you even end up with closing a tab instead of successfully dragging one.
Lazarus 2.2.0, FPC 3.2.2, .deb install on Ubuntu Xenial 32 / Gtk2 / Unity7

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2020, 03:34:40 pm »
I use complex docked IDE desktop, and after a while my desktop and toolbars get lost and some weird desktop shows with component palette and no toolbars toolbar. It has already happened 3-4 times and I have restored it from backup. Unfortunately I did not find what triggers it yet, but will report if I do. Haven't checked trunk yet.
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

Cyrax

« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2020, 05:48:40 pm »
Dragging the IDE editor tabs is also showing strange behaviour - a 'no drop' cursor flies off to unrelated screen positions when a drag is attempted, though sometimes the usual double arrow cursor appears briefly in roughly the right place. It looks very much like what has also been happening in my application. This is on a .deb reinstall (64-bit MXLinux 19.1 / GTK2) . I have never experienced anything similar using 2.0.08.

This sounds like this bug in question which is fixed in the trunk : https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=36469

BobT

« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2020, 07:26:36 pm »

This sounds like this bug in question which is fixed in the trunk : https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=36469
That's it! :D Many thanks.

Vlado

« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2020, 11:45:22 am »
Thank you!

ebizz

« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2020, 02:40:02 pm »
Hi, I appreciate the work of the Lazarus Team, but I really do not understand the way of the release cycles. The release 2.0.10 was so buggy that I went back to 2.0.8 - always in the hope to see a bug-fixed version released of the 2.0.10 - this is a couple of weeks now and I still did not see any bug-fixed version. Where would I be able to download at least a release candidate of the next version which includes all free pascal bugfixes? Is the only way really for everyone to compile everything from scratch? That is not really user friendly, nor does it seem to work straight out of the box. I gave up at the end and continue working with the 2.0.8 release on all my OSes. That makes me sad, would of course prefer the most current version of lazarus. I addressed the UUID Bug in the current FPC Postgresql libs, it got fixed in the FPC branch, but I see no way for myself to get it into the current release of lazarus ... so again, is there a way to find a more current binary version than the one Lazarus Release 2.0.10 - July 11, 2020, 10:55:58 am... that one is unusable for me due to the bug of the fpc.
In general, I am more or less experienced on linux and windows, but if I give up doing it myself, this means something in the process documentation is broken. I do not mind helping, though, and I love Lazarus, so please do not misunderstand this post, and I certainly do not want anyone to stop his engagement ... keep on - just make it SIMPLER somehow for people like me :-)  %) 

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2020, 03:33:30 pm »
I'm sorry to hear you have problems with the Lazarus current version.

I guess you maybe already know Lazarus needs more volunteers. There is always something we can participate. Bug hunting and reporting, improving the documentation and wiki, answering newbie's question in the forum, and more.

If you found something not working as what it should be you can post it on the bugtracker. But if you're not sure, you can discuss it here before posting on the bugtracker.

http://bugs.freepascal.org/set_project.php?project_id=6

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2020, 05:26:15 pm »
The release 2.0.10 was so buggy that I went back to 2.0.8
I believe your problems came from the FPC version jump.
Lazarus 2.0.8 came with FPC 3.0.4.
Lazarus 2.0.10 came with FPC 3.2.
It is a big difference because FPC release cycle is slow. I think it was a well justified move anyways because FPC 3.0.4 is ancient and FPC 3.2 now gets more testing.
You can install FPC of your choice separately and then Lazarus from SVN server, either branch fixes_2_0 or trunk.
 https://wiki.freepascal.org/Getting_Lazarus
You can have many SVN versions of Lazarus in your machine. Just build and start them from their directory. No installation needed.

This is the list of merged revisions in Lazarus 2.0.10 :
 https://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_2.0_fixes_branch#Fixes_for_2.0.10_.28merged.29
I believe it has less bugs than 2.0.8.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

ebizz

« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2020, 09:39:49 pm »
I'm sorry to hear you have problems with the Lazarus current version.

I guess you maybe already know Lazarus needs more volunteers. There is always something we can participate. Bug hunting and reporting, improving the documentation and wiki, answering newbie's question in the forum, and more.

If you found something not working as what it should be you can post it on the bugtracker. But if you're not sure, you can discuss it here before posting on the bugtracker.

http://bugs.freepascal.org/set_project.php?project_id=6

The bug I found is reported and already fixed in the FPC Trunk, so I of course try to help and do my duties  ;D ... it is just that it does not end up in a bugfixed lazarus edition.
I will look into the ideas from JuhaManninen, maybe I get it working, but I tried it before and failed even in a "naked virtual machine" just for that purpose.

Zenghuazhen

« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2020, 02:06:32 am »
Very good!

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2020, 02:46:28 am »
I will look into the ideas from JuhaManninen, maybe I get it working, but I tried it before and failed even in a "naked virtual machine" just for that purpose.

If you run into problems, post in  the appropriate forum and I'm fairly certain someone will provide the solutions.

I have various FPC versions and Lazarus versions installed, along with trunk FPC and Lazarus compiled from source. It is a relatively easy process to switch Lazarus between versions of FPC (I have 3.0.4, 3.2.0 and trunk). It is also worth reading the FPC Release Notes and User Changes documents for each version of FPC (see this Wiki Listing).

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2020, 09:09:42 am »
Hi, I appreciate the work of the Lazarus Team, but I really do not understand the way of the release cycles. The release 2.0.10 was so buggy that I went back to 2.0.8 - always in the hope to see a bug-fixed version released of the 2.0.10 - this is a couple of weeks now and I still did not see any bug-fixed version. Where would I be able to download at least a release candidate of the next version which includes all free pascal bugfixes? Is the only way really for everyone to compile everything from scratch? That is not really user friendly, nor does it seem to work straight out of the box. I gave up at the end and continue working with the 2.0.8 release on all my OSes. That makes me sad, would of course prefer the most current version of lazarus. I addressed the UUID Bug in the current FPC Postgresql libs, it got fixed in the FPC branch, but I see no way for myself to get it into the current release of lazarus ... so again, is there a way to find a more current binary version than the one Lazarus Release 2.0.10 - July 11, 2020, 10:55:58 am... that one is unusable for me due to the bug of the fpc.

FPC releases have nothing to do with Lazarus releases. There is currently no timeframe when the next FPC release (3.2.2) will be done which would contain the fixes you mentioned, thus there can not be a Lazarus release with a newer FPC release, because there is none. You can however compile FPC 3.2.1 yourself and use that. This would probably also help to find further problems, because without any bug reports we won't know what needs to be fixed.

coliv_aja

« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2020, 03:27:23 am »
I use complex docked IDE desktop, and after a while my desktop and toolbars get lost and some weird desktop shows with component palette and no toolbars toolbar. It has already happened 3-4 times and I have restored it from backup. Unfortunately I did not find what triggers it yet, but will report if I do. Haven't checked trunk yet.

This always happened to me since lazarus 1.8x I think. I still remembered working on project some 5 years ago. it happened. The docked IDE is just unstable. I'm not even using spartadock. And always disabled auto save layout. I think there's some layout that can't be loaded after being saved so it messed up the layout. The layout list also missing. But if I keep lazarus running. fixing the layout. The list magically appeared again. So, I always have a copy of lazarus config with healthy layout. It still happens sometimes.

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2020, 09:05:47 am »
I always have a copy of lazarus config with healthy layout.
I do not leave IDE. It is enough to load previously saved desktop file.
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

TinyPortal © 2005-2018