Recent

Author Topic: Extra "apple" in main menu  (Read 1196 times)

Manlio

• Pascal dev
Extra "apple" in main menu
« on: July 09, 2020, 12:57:39 pm »
When I add a TMainMenu component to the main form, an extra smaller apple appears in the menu bar, as you can see in the attached picture.

It's enough that I add an empty menu for this mini-apple to appear. If I add one more menu item "Help" with sub-items, the mini-apple is not affected, it remains there. If I add further menus (e.g. File, Window, etc.) then only then the mini-apple disappear.

I only wanted to add a Help menu, and I'd like to remove that mini-apple... does anyone know what is going on there, and how to remove that unwanted mini-apple?

I'm using Lazarus 2.0.0, FPC 3.0.4, Darwin-cocoa, in a Sierra virtual machine.

Thanks for any suggestions.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 01:04:15 pm by Manlio »
manlio mazzon gmail

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
Re: Extra "apple" in main menu
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 01:46:11 pm »
You'll be pleased to know that this does not happen with the recently released FPC 3.2.0 and Lazarus 2.0.10 (64 bit version). I ran up a brand new Sierra 10.12.6 VM and installed per the Wiki instructions and no extra Apple mini or otherwise showed up in the menu bar after adding a main menu to a form, compiling and running.

Lazarus + FPC file download available from the Lazarus file area at: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/Lazarus%20macOS%20x86-64/

Manlio

• Pascal dev
Re: Extra "apple" in main menu
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 02:15:43 pm »
You'll be pleased to know that this does not happen with the recently released FPC 3.2.0 and Lazarus 2.0.10 (64 bit version). I ran up a brand new Sierra 10.12.6 VM and installed per the Wiki instructions and no extra Apple mini or otherwise showed up in the menu bar after adding a main menu to a form, compiling and running.

Lazarus + FPC file download available from the Lazarus file area at: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/Lazarus%20macOS%20x86-64/

Pleased I am indeed :)

Thank you for spelling everything out in such detail, very appreciated.
manlio mazzon gmail

TinyPortal © 2005-2018