Recent

Author Topic: Is that possible FPC plan to support mips64el-linux?  (Read 5305 times)

cai

Is that possible FPC plan to support mips64el-linux?
« on: July 02, 2020, 09:23:22 am »
LT :( :( :( :( :(

cai

Re: Is that possible FPC plan to support mips64el-linux?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 09:30:31 am »
why&HOW FPC support mips64el-android? how can I do it for mips64el-linux in the same way?

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 09:37:00 am »
Can you mention an explicit device?
Specialize a type, not a var.

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 10:01:58 am »
FPC currently does not support 64-bit MIPS. There are first steps in that direction, but nothing final. If you want MIPS you need to use 32-bit MIPS and there both Linux and Android are supported. Please note though that MIPS support has been removed from the Android NDK since around June 2018.

cai

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 10:40:34 am »
Can you mention an explicit device?

target OS: UOS, a linux base on 'deepin-OS', and 'deepin-OS' is based on 'debian', so I DEV with 'debian-mips64el OS'
CPU: loongson, arch: mips64el
device: http://www.loongson.cn/business/general2/zhengji/zhuomiandiannao/201906/786.html

cai

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 10:52:57 am »
FPC currently does not support 64-bit MIPS. There are first steps in that direction, but nothing final. If you want MIPS you need to use 32-bit MIPS and there both Linux and Android are supported. Please note though that MIPS support has been removed from the Android NDK since around June 2018.

so sad%uFF01 because of USA-CHINA trade WAR, so many software & hardware are forbidden(can not buy), we are changing to use other arch-cpu&platform&software which we can build, mips64el is the target, I don't want to use C-Language, I love Pascal.

so, if I want to port MIPS64EL, HOW CAN I achieve to? are there some documents or sources to help me%uFF1F
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 10:54:45 am by cai »

MarkMLl

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 11:08:59 am »
target OS: UOS, a linux base on 'deepin-OS', and 'deepin-OS' is based on 'debian', so I DEV with 'debian-mips64el OS'
device: http://www.loongson.cn/business/general2/zhengji/zhuomiandiannao/201906/786.html

Two questions:

i) If the target is Debian, what is the situation regarding MIPS multiarch?

ii) Do any of the core developers have this hardware?

MarkMLl

MT+86 & Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN & graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.
GitHub repositories: https://github.com/MarkMLl?tab=repositories

cai

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 11:23:17 am »

Two questions:

i) If the target is Debian, what is the situation regarding MIPS multiarch?

ii) Do any of the core developers have this hardware?

MarkMLl

1) the loongsun company& CHINA-GOV only offer 64bit UOS, we can not ask them to support 32bit,  most of developers(C, C++, JAVA, C#) can use  it, but PASCAL developers are embarrassed :(
2) YES, now we have this hardware, we can develop and run with GCC, but our app is coded with PASCAL, it is a huge work to re-code with C ( if there is nothing we can do but use C)

MarkMLl

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 11:35:07 am »
1) the loongsun company& CHINA-GOV only offer 64bit UOS, we can not ask them to support 32bit,  most of developers(C, C++, JAVA, C#) can use  it, but PASCAL developers are embarrassed :(

I didn't say anything about a 32-bit version of the OS. I specifically mentioned Debian Multiarch, which is a combination of packages... if you spent even a few moments with a search engine you'd find https://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/HOWTO

2) YES, now we have this hardware, we can develop and run with GCC, but our app is coded with PASCAL, it is a huge work to re-code with C ( if there is nothing we can do but use C)

Fine, so you've got the hardware, but what about the FPC core developers? The last time this happened- which was about this time of the year and somebody was screaming for FPC MIPS support to be ready for the start of the next school term- my understanding is that some of the FPC developers were promised hardware which never arrived.

MarkMLl
MT+86 & Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN & graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.
GitHub repositories: https://github.com/MarkMLl?tab=repositories

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 12:16:18 pm »
so, if I want to port MIPS64EL, HOW CAN I achieve to? are there some documents or sources to help me%uFF1F

You'll have to work on the code generator. Florian has recently done a very small step towards MIPS64el support, but the majority of the code generator still needs to be adjusted/extended. (Though I don't know what Florian might have done privately in the meantime)

cai

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2020, 05:56:08 am »
I didn't say anything about a 32-bit version of the OS. I specifically mentioned Debian Multiarch, which is a combination of packages... if you spent even a few moments with a search engine you'd find https://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/HOWTO

thank you! that is what I need, I will read and learn it. sorry I misunderstood your mean last night, thank you again!

Fine, so you've got the hardware, but what about the FPC core developers? The last time this happened- which was about this time of the year and somebody was screaming for FPC MIPS support to be ready for the start of the next school term- my understanding is that some of the FPC developers were promised hardware which never arrived.

MarkMLl

oh! maybe I misunderstood your mean, again!  :-X
I thought the FPC core developers was mean the developers in our team %) %) %)
sorry my English is weak, sometimes I need to translate to Chinese, maybe the key in your words has changed, so I must miss some thing in your words.

cai

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2020, 06:21:52 am »

You'll have to work on the code generator. Florian has recently done a very small step towards MIPS64el support, but the majority of the code generator still needs to be adjusted/extended. (Though I don't know what Florian might have done privately in the meantime)

thank you! this communication is very helpful for me, maybe I can do some test with the source, FPC is a great work.
I almost give up when I saw the wiki-website said only support mispel(experience not tested), until I enroll this account and post up this topic.
in our country, pascal-developers are declining every year, no one teach pascal in college,  we stick with it cause we have passion! I think I will code until the day :D :D

cai

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2020, 10:24:04 am »

MarkMLl

thank you!
I use Debian Multiarch,
enable dpkg mipsel,
add some apt debian source,
install libc6-mipsel, 
and download some *.so(anything 32bit app need, like libgtk), copy *.so to /usr/libo32,
now mipsel-app can startup.

feigewell

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2022, 07:19:50 am »
您好,现在在龙芯mips下可以使用了么?能否留个联系方式,或qq号码方便联系一下么?谢谢,我的qq:494139270

PierceNg

• SamadhiWeb
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2022, 12:17:58 pm »
您好,现在在龙芯mips下可以使用了么?能否留个联系方式,或qq号码方便联系一下么?谢谢,我的qq:494139270

本论坛使用英文。如果以其他语文发布,请同时发布机器翻译的英文版。
This forum uses English. If posting in another language, please also post machine translation into English.

有关龙芯mips,我个人是不清楚。还有,我想这论坛不会有太多QQ用户。
I can‘t answer your question regarding Loongson MIPS. Also, I don't think this forum will have too many QQ users.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018