Forum > GTK

Problem with gtk3 when compile empty app

<< < (2/8) > >>

m.abudrais:
why do you need gtk in windows?

Thaddy:

--- Quote from: m.abudrais on July 01, 2020, 02:38:06 pm ---why do you need gtk in windows?

--- End quote ---
Whereas it it usually recommended to use the default look for the OS, it can be the case that one wants to have the same look across all platforms. (E.g. games, sometimes corporate, etc)
This is not uncommon.

marcov:

--- Quote from: Thaddy on July 01, 2020, 02:52:07 pm ---
--- Quote from: m.abudrais on July 01, 2020, 02:38:06 pm ---why do you need gtk in windows?

--- End quote ---
Whereas it it usually recommended to use the default look for the OS, it can be the case that one wants to have the same look across all platforms. (E.g. games, sometimes corporate, etc)
This is not uncommon.

--- End quote ---

Apparently it is, if this is the first time it is compiled on Windows :-) The GTK3 port is half a decade old.

Thaddy:

--- Quote from: PascalDragon on July 01, 2020, 09:20:10 am ---It would be enough to remove the calling conventions from the implementation. It's correct in the interface part of TGtk3Widget. Probably using Code Completion let to the addition of only the cdecl in the implementation.

--- End quote ---
One could use winapi instead of a specific convention, since that chooses the right calling convention for a platform and works not just on windows. Assumes 3.2.0 or higher.

Thaddy:

--- Quote from: marcov on July 01, 2020, 02:59:12 pm ---Apparently it is, if this is the first time it is compiled on Windows :-) The GTK3 port is half a decade old.

--- End quote ---
I never used GTK3, but there are many GTK2 applications available on Windows for the reasons I mentioned.
(isn't Blender one of those? and how about the mingw interface? Just to name two)

The point I try to make is not related to GTK3, but to any portable widgetset.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version