Recent

Author Topic: keyboard messed up with Debian Buster and LXQT  (Read 2106 times)

dieselnutjob

keyboard messed up with Debian Buster and LXQT
« on: June 28, 2020, 11:15:38 pm »
Hi
When using the actual IDE, or programs created with Lazarus targeted at widgetset gtk2 I am getting a messed up keyboard.
If I target widgetset qt it works fine

Other programs on my system work fine (chrome. synaptic, thunderbird)

I have debian packages libgtk-3-0 and libgtk2.0 installed.
I also have these from sourceforge
fpc-laz                               3.0.4                             amd64        Free Pascal Compiler
ii  fpc-src                               3.0.4                             amd64        Free Pascal Sources
ii  lazarus-project                       2.0.8                             amd64        RAD tool for freepascal

The way that the keyboard is messed up is as follows:-

In the IDE source code editor pressing the down key works but pressing the up key selects the file selection tab.
In IDE dialog boxes pressing a letter results in double press so pressing A makes aa appear in the text box.  Left and right arrows and backspace are also doubled.
Navigation of the menus using arrow keys is normal.

If I create and compile a program with Lazarus with a a Tmemo and a Tedit on the form, when the program is run key presses are also doubled, including all of the arrow keys moving up,down, left or right in the memo

The OS is Debian Buster 64 bit with LXQT desktop.

Anyone got any ideas?

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
Re: keyboard messed up with Debian Buster and LXQT
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 08:02:53 am »
This issue has been discussed several times, you can search the forum or go directly to this thread:

https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,39213.msg268286.html#msg268286

TinyPortal © 2005-2018