Recent

Author Topic: Why Freepascal (or any Pascal  (Read 4786 times)

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
Re: Why Freepascal (or any Pascal
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2020, 12:03:26 pm »
I am a complete neophyte to Pascal and Lazarus.  Why would anyone program in Pascal, given the plethora of other, more current open-source programming languages available out there?  What features does it have that those other languages do not?  As just one example, Julia.  What major corporations use it?  Thank you.

"more current open-source programming languages"?  Did you notice that Free Pascal is Open Source, don't you? And that latest version is a few days old?
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

domibay_hugo

• Site Reliabilty / DevOps Engineer at Domibay S.L.
    • GitHub Profile
Re: Why Freepascal (or any Pascal
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2020, 04:57:51 pm »
Why would anyone program in Pascal, given the plethora of other, more current open-source programming languages available out there?  What features does it have that those other languages do not?  As just one example, Julia.  What major corporations use it?  Thank you.

• On Lazarus
    I found that Lazarus is a very mature, complete and development environment. The Debugger that even can debug C System Libraries is a highly valuable treasure to troubleshoot any application problem
  • On FreePascal
    • It's a feature rich Language that promotes an organized Development which the results in highly maintainable Code
    • Well optimized it runs insanly fast (as developers from other Languages admitted recently without knowing). With a tiny Application Startup. (I profiled it against the same Application in Rust)
    • On Linux it is Distribution independent. (My Application developped on CentOS7 also runs on Debian and Alpine Linux without recompiling). With difference to other modern Languages that build heavily on Distributions C Libraries (like Rust) which need to be recompiled for every different target.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018