Recent

Author Topic: MySQL wrong version again  (Read 494 times)

TyneBridges

• Personal blog
MySQL wrong version again
« on: June 12, 2020, 05:36:57 pm »
I'm trying to connect to both SQLite and MySQL in a non-visual application (a Windows 10 service). SQLite was easy but MySQL is giving a familiar problem with my test application:

Code: Text  [Select][+][-]
  1. TMySQL57Connection can not work with the installed MySQL client version: Expected (5.8), got (8.0.19)

I see that providing a FreePascal library for MySQL 8 is on the "to do" list, but has been since 2018. Is there any way round this (that is, any simple way I can connect a nonvisual application to MySQL 8.0.19) or do I need to swap my database software for a system that maintains compatibility across versions?

Incidentally, does this incompatibility also extend to the Lazarus visual components? I haven't tried those with MySQL yet but will also need to connect them, so I guess I may have to look at changing my database server.

I hope I'm forgiven for re-raising this. I can see it's been discussed before but all the previous mentions I've found are from several years ago and things may have changed.

Thanks.

(I've just spotted that there's a separate FreePascal board where this should probably be, but the forum won't let me delete so I can repost it.)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 05:49:52 pm by TyneBridges »
John H, north east England
Lover of the old Delphi, still inexperienced with FPC/Lazarus and not an instinctive programmer
Tried .Net Core and was perpetually in knots, so am back here to try again with Windows clients

LacaK

Re: MySQL wrong version again
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 04:47:48 pm »
Try set TMySQL57Connection.SkipLibraryVersionCheck to True
This will skip library version check  :)

willbprog9933

• BrainOut!
Re: MySQL wrong version again
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 06:00:40 pm »
Try set TMySQL57Connection.SkipLibraryVersionCheck to True
This will skip library version check  :)

Wow, thanks for this!  :D
Mostly using Linux Mint with a dash of GhostBSD and old Mac OS X for good measure.

Blessed, loved and forgiven! :D

TinyPortal © 2005-2018