Forum > Operating Systems

Get file/folder and their permissions on Windows

(1/3) > >>

ezlage:
Hello everybody!

Is possible to, using only Lazarus/FPC native stuff, get file or folders and their permissions inside streams on Windows?

Could someone explain to me?

Thanks!

ASerge:

--- Quote from: ezlage on June 02, 2020, 05:00:26 am ---Is possible to, using only Lazarus/FPC native stuff, get file or folders and their permissions inside streams on Windows?

--- End quote ---
What is "inside streams"?
The FPC includes headers for WinAPI functions (jwa....). and you can use WinApi to get permissions for directory and files, or (not and!) list of streams inside the file.

ezlage:
Hello ASerge!

I want to load a file through some TStream type (store, transport, compress, encrypt, dedup and other purposes). But, when I restore the file, I need to write the exactly same permissions that the file had. Do you have any idea?

Thanks!

ASerge:

--- Quote from: ezlage on June 02, 2020, 10:18:01 pm ---I want to load a file through some TStream type (store, transport, compress, encrypt, dedup and other purposes). But, when I restore the file, I need to write the exactly same permissions that the file had. Do you have any idea?

--- End quote ---
On the same machine? In the same folder?

ezlage:

--- Quote from: ASerge on June 03, 2020, 07:30:17 pm ---
--- Quote from: ezlage on June 02, 2020, 10:18:01 pm ---I want to load a file through some TStream type (store, transport, compress, encrypt, dedup and other purposes). But, when I restore the file, I need to write the exactly same permissions that the file had. Do you have any idea?

--- End quote ---
On the same machine? In the same folder?

--- End quote ---

Different machines too, also, different folders. It will be necessary to save folders permissions too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version