Recent

Author Topic: fpcup 3.1.1 Update  (Read 136574 times)

majid.ebru

Re: fpcup 3.1.1 Update
« Reply #255 on: January 27, 2021, 11:33:29 am »
Both sparta_dockedformeditor and UTF-8 work well here. What is wrong with UTF-8 in your system?
It was not finding it, may be a compiler switch I don't have set, or a package I have not loaded yet?
Trying to add a package that required it and it said not found :
rxpopupunit.pas(915,3) Error: Identifier not found "UTF8Delete"
rxpopupunit.pas(915,25) Error: Identifier not found "UTF8Length"
Where did you get the rcpopupunit ? It's not in the normal rx package.

Anyway... did that file include LazUtf8 in the uses? Because the functions are there.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thankyou

jcdammeyer

• Embedded System Developer
    • Automation Artisans Inc.
« Reply #256 on: May 15, 2021, 10:44:43 pm »
Quick question on a Beagle or Pi3/4 Debian. 

debian@beaglebone:~/Downloads$ ./fcpupdeluxe

or

debian@beaglebone:~/Downloads$ sudo ./fpcupdeluxe

Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno

• Professional amateur ;-P
« Reply #257 on: May 16, 2021, 01:11:47 am »
Hey jcdammeyer,

Both are fine and depend on where you want to deploy your install

debian@beaglebone:~/Downloads$ ./fcpupdeluxe

Most of the installs I make are inside my home folder, so I usually do not need sudo to install those.

debian@beaglebone:~/Downloads$ sudo ./fpcupdeluxe

If you're planning on installing it on /usr or /lib or even /opt this would be necessary.

The problem is that fpcupdeluxe install everything under one single folder and that is not compliant with having binaries under /usr/bin and the rest somewhere else under /usr/lib or the likes.

The main purpose of fpcupdeluxe is to have many installs side by side and for that matter it installs everything in one single folder, contrary to the Posix way of spreading stuff under it's designated folders.
So while it doesn't really matter if you use sudo or not, it's not really necessary since you most probably will install it under your home folder.

Hope this clears it out.

Cheers,
Gus
Lazarus 3.99(main) FPC 3.3.1(main) Ubuntu 23.10 64b Dark Theme
Lazarus 3.0.0(stable) FPC 3.2.2(stable) Ubuntu 23.10 64b Dark Theme
http://github.com/gcarreno

jcdammeyer

• Embedded System Developer
    • Automation Artisans Inc.
« Reply #258 on: May 16, 2021, 01:28:21 am »
Hey jcdammeyer,

Both are fine and depend on where you want to deploy your install

Most of the installs I make are inside my home folder, so I usually do not need sudo to install those.

Hope this clears it out.

Cheers,
Gus
Hi Gus,
Thanks yes.   Makes sense now.
I did just finish installing into the debian/fcpupdeluxe folder without the sudo into this image:
bone-debian-10.9-lxqt-armhf-2021-04-27-4gb.img
Then installed the packages I've been using and tried compiling one the apps running on a 2018 version of the OS.  So far so good.
I've gone with the trunk version of the Lazarus install so that I don't have to keep editing the one library to get my polygon stuff working.
There are still a few issues I'm working on with the 2021 install and .dts files for capes that have the identifying EEROM but things are finally progressing again.

Next step is to see how well the 2021 OS version incorporates into the gpio group so that the pxl library blinky.lpi example doesn't need a sudo in order to run it.  And that will then lead to getting SPI control from within Lazarus to be able to transfer a bitmap out SPI to a touch screen display.  Something that was trivial in Python with the Adafruit libraries.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018