Recent

Author Topic: TListFilterEdit - multi selecion with many searches  (Read 462 times)

mith

TListFilterEdit - multi selecion with many searches
« on: May 30, 2020, 04:25:19 pm »
Hello,
I have a TListFilterEdit control with TCheckListBox assigned to it. It works well if i enter some text to filter the listbox, check some records and use them.
Unfortunately if i try to select some more items by filtering them previously - I loose the selection.
I'm not sure if I'm enought precise, so let's say the procedure is like follows.
1. Enter some text filter on TListFilterEdit. On the TCheckListBox select 3 of 10 items.
2. Enter (different) text filter on TListFilterEdit. On the TCheckListBox  select another 3 of 10 items.
3. Remove the filter.
3. The expected result should be 6 of 10 items selected. But there aren't any.

Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 04:27:40 pm by mith »

jamie

Re: TListFilterEdit - multi selecion with many searches
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 05:48:47 pm »
I believe I understand you correctly..

You enter the item of interest, it shows a list of possible choices, you check all the ones you want then you go back and enter a different search item and all of the ones you have selected are gone.

There are other ways to do this but If you want to continue you can use an accumulated list so as you check the items they get added to the list..

Looking at the controls you are using an not exactly sure how they are managing the list in such a way without losing it's content. That is a owners draw TlistBox, something you most likely can implement yourself in owners-draw mode where as you can highlight all the entries of your choice..

Something to look at but I would suggest that you attached another list somewhere that is the accumulated list. you could even have the CheckListbox as an optional show model..

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

mith

Re: TListFilterEdit - multi selecion with many searches
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 06:03:56 pm »
Thank you, I was thinking about additional list to handle the selections, but also had a hope there's a built in solution.
There is nothing else to do but take an additional list.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018