Recent

Author Topic: Installing Lazarus under MacOsx Leopard 10.5.1  (Read 9477 times)

Lord_ZealoN

• http://lordzealon.com
Installing Lazarus under MacOsx Leopard 10.5.1
« on: February 10, 2008, 07:23:58 pm »
Hi all,

I reinstalled my Macbook, and now I have OSX Leopard.

I installed (or I think I did it) from fink (builded from source) the required libraries and X11.

But when I try to open lazarus, I get an error:

macbook-de-giuseppe-luigi-punzi-ruiz:lazarus glpunzi$ ./lazarus
dyld: Library not loaded: /sw/lib/libgdk_pixbuf.2.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/share/lazarus/./lazarus
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Phil

Re: Installing Lazarus under MacOsx Leopard 10.5.1
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 08:41:51 pm »
Quote from: "Lord_ZealoN"
dyld: Library not loaded: /sw/lib/libgdk_pixbuf.2.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/share/lazarus/./lazarus
  Reason: image not found

It looks like you don't have the GTK libraries installed.

Look in /sw/lib. You should have something like this:

-rwxr-xr-x   1 root  admin  245724 Mar 23  2006 libgdk_pixbuf.2.0.0.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  admin      25 Feb 11  2007 libgdk_pixbuf.2.dylib -> libgdk_pixbuf.2.0.0.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  admin      25 Feb 11  2007 libgdk_pixbuf.dylib -> libgdk_pixbuf.2.0.0.dylib

If not, you don't have GTK installed. Run fink again.

Thanks.

-Phil

Lord_ZealoN

RE: Re: Installing Lazarus under MacOsx Leopard 10.5.1
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 12:46:03 pm »
I will try it at home, but I remember I installed all the GTK things, but, instead apt-get install, I used fink install, because apt-get never found something. I installed MacPorts for try with it, but I can't found the port "exceutable".

In Tiger, all worked fine, but with Leopard, I have thousand problems with all.

Cheers.

windy

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 08:38:03 pm »
Hi
I had similar problem with Max OSX 10.5, on a PowerPC (as fink could not find the correct dependencies)
but I got there eventualy, using Mac ports...
check out one of my postings on it....

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 07:19:20 am »
I'm already using the Carbon IDE. Yes, sure it has some bugs, but the advantages are enormous:

* No need for X11
* Copy+Paste fully working with apple keys
* Very good looking =)
* Menu on the right place
* etc

Oh, you will need subversion Lazarus.

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Carbon_Interface#Getting_a_.22carbonproof.22_Lazarus

I've only found small bugs so far. I would dare to say it's better then the gtk2 ide for example.

One thing to be careful: When you first open it it seams to use a non-mono font. Change your font to a mono-font on the Editor options dialog. I use "Monaco" and it looks really good =)

Phil

Re: RE: Re: Installing Lazarus under MacOsx Leopard 10.5.1
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 03:57:07 pm »
Quote from: "sekel"
IOh, you will need subversion Lazarus.

You can rebuild the IDE for Carbon from the snapshot versions too.

Just drag Lazarus from /usr/local/share to your home folder where you have write privileges, then compile it as described here:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Carbon_interface_FAQ#How_can_I_rebuild_LCL_or_Lazarus_IDE_for_Carbon_interface_via_terminal.3F

A recent improvement that Tomas made eliminates the need to specify the Carbon framework on the Linking tab when compiling your apps for Carbon. Just select Carbon as the target the way you do with any of the other targets, and compile. Couldn't be easier.

Thanks.

-Phil

Lord_ZealoN

RE: Re: RE: Re: Installing Lazarus under MacOsx Leopard 10.5
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 10:53:42 pm »
How can I get 2 diferents versions of lazarus on MacOS? one for tests, like one from SVN, and other "stable" for production use

Phil

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Installing Lazarus under MacOsx Leopard
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 01:28:14 am »
How can I get 2 diferents versions of lazarus on MacOS? one for tests, like one from SVN, and other "stable" for production use

If you install a snapshot, Lazarus gets installed in /usr/local/share/lazarus. Just drag the lazarus folder from /usr/local/share to someplace in your home folder. This will also allow you to rebuild it easily since files under /usr/local/share normally are read-only.

How do you get to /usr/local/share in Finder? Choose Go | Go to Folder and enter /usr, then navigate as usual.

The lazarus folder is completely independent of everything else, so you can have any number of lazarus installations this way.

Thanks.

-Phil

Lord_ZealoN

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Installing Lazarus under MacOsx Leopard
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 09:20:28 am »
Quote from: "Phil"

If you install a snapshot, Lazarus gets installed in /usr/local/share/lazarus. Just drag the lazarus folder from /usr/local/share to someplace in your home folder. This will also allow you to rebuild it easily since files under /usr/local/share normally are read-only.

How do you get to /usr/local/share in Finder? Choose Go | Go to Folder and enter /usr, then navigate as usual.

The lazarus folder is completely independent of everything else, so you can have any number of lazarus installations this way.

Thanks.

-Phil

Cool, thanks..

Simon08

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 11:52:07 am »
Can Lazarus/FreePascal produce Mac apps with QT static-linked?

Quote from: "Phil"
Quote from: "sekel"
IOh, you will need subversion Lazarus.

You can rebuild the IDE for Carbon from the snapshot versions too.

Just drag Lazarus from /usr/local/share to your home folder where you have write privileges, then compile it as described here:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Carbon_interface_FAQ#How_can_I_rebuild_LCL_or_Lazarus_IDE_for_Carbon_interface_via_terminal.3F

A recent improvement that Tomas made eliminates the need to specify the Carbon framework on the Linking tab when compiling your apps for Carbon. Just select Carbon as the target the way you do with any of the other targets, and compile. Couldn't be easier.

Thanks.

-Phil

Phil

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 04:23:15 pm »
Quote from: "Simon08"
Can Lazarus/FreePascal produce Mac apps with QT static-linked?

The way the Qt widgetset is designed on Mac is to use the Qt core libraries via Den Jean's Qt interface library. All of these libraries are bundled together into a framework that can be used by any number of Qt-based Lazarus apps. The Qt framework is installed under /Libraries/Frameworks so it can be found at runtime. Note that the Qt framework could also be installed with your app as part of the application bundle.

Linking libraries and resources into the executable is not the Mac way of doing things. Instead, you have an app bundle (folder) that can contain any number of folders and files. Drill down into the apps on a Mac to see how this is done.

Thanks.

-Phil

Hansaplast

• Tweaking4All.com
    • Tweaking4All
RE: Re: RE: Re: Installing Lazarus under MacOsx Leopard 10.5
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 04:49:23 am »
Just out of curiosity ... but when can we expect a Lazarus version for the Mac (Leopard e.a.) runnning native Carbon, without complicated setups? You know, as a precompiled package ... I've taken several attempts to get things going, but stumble every single time on something else ... fink not available, link error, etc. yeah the IDE works now, but it won't link (Error while linking) ... :(

As an old Delphi user, I'm dying to get my hands on a working setup :(

TinyPortal © 2005-2018