Recent

Author Topic: Program crash on Win 10 + Firebird database  (Read 4571 times)

luckylynx

Re: Program crash on Win 10 + Firebird database
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2020, 07:48:22 pm »
The latest test was successful.
I made a run for two days locally on a client with an embedded version of firebird without any problem.
So my question now is if this result shows that the programm is probably not the reason for the crashes.
Tomorrow I will try to run the program directly on the server.
Regarding your proposal to ste the PE flags. The compiler makes a hint that the local constant
IMAGE_FILE_NET_RUN_FROM_SWAP is not used. What does it mean?

rvk

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2020, 07:51:21 pm »
Regarding your proposal to ste the PE flags. The compiler makes a hint that the local constant
IMAGE_FILE_NET_RUN_FROM_SWAP is not used. What does it mean?
You need to look at the post after mine from PascalDragon.
You can't use OR in the define yet (like you can in Delphi).

You need to use only IMAGE_FILE_NET_RUN_FROM_SWAP (because your not running from usb or cd anyway) or define a separate value and use that (like it was shown in the post after mine from PascalDragon).

Now, when you get that warning, only IMAGE_FILE_REMOVABLE_RUN_FROM_SWAP is used and it still doesn't work from a network.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 07:54:24 pm by rvk »

luckylynx

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2020, 08:19:04 pm »
Hi RVK,
I already use only :

const
  IMAGE_FILE_NET_RUN_FROM_SWAP = $0800;
  {$SetPEFlags <IMAGE_FILE_NET_RUN_FROM_SWAP>}   

rvk

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2020, 08:22:46 pm »
Hi RVK,
I already use only :

const
  IMAGE_FILE_NET_RUN_FROM_SWAP = $0800;
  {$SetPEFlags <IMAGE_FILE_NET_RUN_FROM_SWAP>}
And that still gives that warning?

It should be without < and >.

Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. const
  2.   IMAGE_FILE_NET_RUN_FROM_SWAP = $0800; // If Image is on Net, copy and run from the swap file.
  3. {$SETPEFLAGS IMAGE_FILE_NET_RUN_FROM_SWAP}

luckylynx

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2020, 08:27:50 pm »
Did it and compiled without hint. Perfect. Will try it tomorow.
Thanks

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2020, 08:50:15 pm »
I made a run for two days locally on a client with an embedded version of firebird without any problem.
So my question now is if this result shows that the programm is probably not the reason for the crashes.
No. You run app locally without network so that does not replicate original environment too well. Read carefully your own post:
Windows cannot access the file <file> for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer, or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program <program name> because of this error.
This means that there is either network or disk problem (or antivirus blocked access to the file). If your application executable is on the network, then try to copy it to local disk and start from there. If your application is on your local disk, then try to copy it to some other disk/partition (best to some root dir and not to program files dir), or simply start it from external USB disk. Also try to update that firebird client DLL to latest 3.0.5. And upgrading server to the same version will not hurt either. You should also update Windows to make sure it has latest drivers.

I had a problem that Osisoft PI historian started to have several seconds of empty gaps in recorded data, and it happened randomly once or twice a week. It was hard to troubleshoot the problem, but at the end it turned out that after some update Symantec antivirus started to recognize VNC connection as a potential threat and blocked not only VNC but all network traffic for several seconds. To make things worse, not every connection was recognized as a threat - but only some in a random way. At first I thought that creating an exception for VNC directory would solve the problem but it didn't. It had nothing to do with file scanning, but with network threats.

So I really suggest you to test one client without antivirus (or at least with alternative antivirus).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 09:24:59 pm by avra »
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

ASBzone

• Automation leads to relaxation...
    • Free Console Utilities for Windows (and a few for Linux) from BrainWaveCC
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2020, 10:01:15 pm »
I don't think the problem is a minifest, security or authentification.
Because in that case the program just wouldn't work.
Here the program works but stops unexpected.

It can still be an underlying OS security subsystem that causes this.   It would be good to know what activities are occurring right around the time of the crashes.

Seeing the error messages I think the problem lies in the network connection.

That's a strong possibility as well.
-ASB: https://www.BrainWaveCC.com/

Lazarus v2.2.7-ada7a90186 / FPC v3.2.3-706-gaadb53e72c
(Windows 64-bit install w/Win32 and Linux/Arm cross-compiles via FpcUpDeluxe on both instances)

My Systems: Windows 10/11 Pro x64 (Current)

hrayon

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2020, 11:13:40 pm »

luckylynx

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2020, 08:30:26 pm »
Hi again,
due to your helpful proposals I installed a firebird client directly on the server and integrated an 'old' Windows7 computer into the domain and, surprise surprise, both systems run for several days without a program crash, which leads me to conclude, that neither my program nor the firebird database is the crash source.
Now is time for the IT company to act, because they always rejected, that their new installed system is responsible for the problems.
Thank you guys for your support, I have learned a lot.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018