Recent

Author Topic: nyx - a UI framework for the web and desktop apps  (Read 11580 times)

mr-highball

• Highball Github
Re: nyx - a UI framework for the web and desktop apps
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2020, 03:51:10 pm »
I checked the project .lpi file and compare with my test pas2js project

The diff i found between Units elements your project dont have the numbers in elements but my project has numbers in it
and adding number in your project lpi file open up the project may be Lazarus version difference

In that case mr-highball is using Lazarus 2.1 without having enabled the compatibility option for his project. So either you use 2.1 as well or mr-highball needs to enable the compatiblity option (it's in the project settings).

Ahhh thanks @Pascaldragon, I was not aware of the compatibility option. I normally develop with trunk (or closest to the newest) and haven't ever toggled that on.

mr-highball

• Highball Github
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2020, 04:20:42 pm »
the compat option has been toggled on and pushed up here,
https://github.com/mr-highball/nyx/issues/16

users other than trunk can now open the project file. This will be by new default for other project, never knew about it  :-[

heejit

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2020, 09:58:11 pm »
Yes it is ok now.

mr-highball

• Highball Github
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2020, 09:10:04 pm »
quick update, all major types of layout code for the browser have been finished, which will allow me to go into "element creation mode" (ui components like grids, edits, etc...). here's a summary of how the layouts work,
  • fixed layouts are the most standard, and use a 'fixed' unit (pixels) to control the position within a parent container
  • proportional layouts are similar to fixed, however instead of pixels, a percentage is specified
  • relational layouts use 'anchor' elements (another button, control, etc...) and depend on the anchor's units (will use px/% if anchor does)

the browser test project in the repo has been a place for me to hack around while writing this stuff, but once I add more controls/containers I will be cleaning this up and will be adding demos (shopping list, fish facts, etc...). until then though, the tester does show all things implemented up to this point.

project board,
https://github.com/mr-highball/nyx/projects/1

mr-highball

• Highball Github
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2020, 11:57:52 pm »
here's another project update.
I've made a few more elements and a demo showcasing how one might use nyx to build web apps. I'm still in the early stages, but hopefully it will give a better idea of what can be done (more so than just the buttons I've posted prior). with 3 elements (button, checkbox, input) I've put together a simple todo list demo found here,
https://github.com/mr-highball/nyx/tree/master/demos/browser/todo-list

attached is also a gif showing it working in the browser. It's not perfect, but like I said before, things will improve as development continues and this should give a good idea of the core concepts of nyx (layouts, fluent setters, event/property observation).

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2020, 10:12:44 pm »
Starred. Hope it gets to a somewhat usable quality soon.

mr-highball

• Highball Github
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2020, 12:14:50 am »
Starred. Hope it gets to a somewhat usable quality soon.
Thanks! I'm getting closer for sure now that a lot of the core stuff is done (for browser anyway, desktop code will come next)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018