Recent

Author Topic: nyx - a UI framework for the web and desktop apps  (Read 2528 times)

PeterEvans

Re: nyx - a UI framework for the web and desktop apps
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2020, 12:01:56 pm »
You have embarked on a mammoth task. What is your vision for this package?

I am sure that you know that the client should not access databases but that is done at the server end?

Perhaps you can use mORMot?
Perhaps you can use Zeos for database access?

mr-highball

• Highball Github
Re: nyx - a UI framework for the web and desktop apps
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2020, 05:00:10 pm »
Ultimately I want a framework that I can build UI in code that is easy to read and use. I also wanted as much of it to be "write once compile everywhere... Including the browser". The way I plan to achieve this is by wrapping as much existing code as possible, while providing an interface that works regardless of target. There will still be the ability to cast or use browser specific code or desktop specific where required, but for the most part, web app UI code should look identical to desktop.

Also to the previous point of a data binding, that will come later but I see it as more of a "contract" layer which would be setup to bind certain response fields of a REST call (or column of a dataset) to properties of a nyx element. This part still needs some thought (which is why I made the github issue for placeholder)

It is a pretty big task, but I don't believe it will take me too much longer to have something useful soon.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018