Recent

Author Topic: Windows, display stdout GUI  (Read 3797 times)

arko

Windows, display stdout GUI
« on: April 18, 2020, 07:48:19 am »
I would like to have a Windows x86_64 application that does the following:
  • Accepts minimally formatted (\r\n) text as an input
  • Gets mouse pointer position
  • Draws appropriately sized window, displays content
  • Copies content to the clipboard by right click, closes window by left click
Bonus points if:
  • Font size/colour/background are configurable
  • You provide sources
On *nix, I would start with something along these lines:
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. #!/bin/bash
  2. file_type="$(file ${1%/} | cut -d ":" -f2)"
  3. yad --mouse --close-on-unfocus --splash --undecorated --no-buttons --text $file_type
...which is not an option on Windows. One might rightfully ask, ― "Why do you need it?" or "Why wouldn't you write it by yourself?"

As to "why": I would like to show an output of arbitrary command (relevant topic) and someone familiar with Lazarus/FP/Delphi will accomplish this much faster than me using PyQT and hectically digging through the WinAPI.

Please feel free to reply here or PM me. I am more than happy to have this published for everyone / released as OSS / etc.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 07:58:13 am by arko »

arko

Re: Windows, display stdout GUI
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 05:48:55 am »
Time for some visual mock-ups. I will be using "Total Commander" as an example.
However, this would be equally applicable to Double Commander which is a free/OSS alternative written in FP and built in Lazarus!

Step 1
User clicks the button: (https://i.imgur.com/yLbhasp.png)

Step 2
This executes something like %$APPDATA%\.local\bin\show.exe --stdout '"c:\Program Files\Sysinternals\sigcheck64.exe" -a -v -vt -nobanner %p%n'

The above uses show.exe to get output from sigcheck.exe and present it to user in digestible form.

Step 3
Result would look like this: (https://i.imgur.com/rlSI1XF.png)

Next, if user clicks on the window with the left mouse button - window will close. Right mouse button - content will be copied to the clipboard.

Bonus feature: regexp for www.virustotal.com and convert the link to "click here" instead of showing the long string of alphanumerics.

Attached screenshots in case of imgUr goes offline.

ccrause

Re: Windows, display stdout GUI
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 08:36:58 am »
A Lazarus approach : launch the command using TProcess and pipe the output to a TSynEdit component. This is a more or less platform independent solution.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018