Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Release 2.0.8  (Read 65570 times)

lucamar

Re: Lazarus Release 2.0.8
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2020, 02:48:44 pm »
To do that you can either insert a {$WARN number OFF}  directive in your code or use fpc's option -vm<x>. You can find them in FPC's Programer's Guide and apendix A of the Users Guide respectively.
For now I will use the default Lazarus with fpc 3.0.4
I wish I had time to play more with fpc 3.2.0 beta, well, some day :)

I don't use the 3.2 beta; what I told you works well in 3.0.x and in fact I use it quite a lot :)
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

JanRoza

• http://www.silentwings.nl
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2020, 05:47:39 pm »
So other followers/readers of this forum have to use translation tools to read your message because you are to lazy to do that?
My native language is Dutch but I still only communicate in English on this forum as a courtesy to every forum visitor, it would be nice if other forum visitors would also have that courtesy.
The world is not just you, but we are all the world so lets be a little bit social on this forum.
Just my humble opinion.
       Lazarus 3.2 FPC 3.2.2
       CodeTyphon 8.40 FPC 3.3.1

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2020, 05:59:12 pm »
MODERATION NOTE: Removing none English topics / topics without full English translation.

Also: Any further discussion on language of the forum should go here https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/board,8.0.html

It will be removed from this thread.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 06:01:48 pm by Martin_fr »

Frogfather

« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2020, 08:37:56 pm »
Downloaded 2.0.8 for mac today. Super easy install - well done to all involved.  8-)

First thoughts:
The good: the little descriptions on the palette items now actually show what the item is - previously a lot of them showed the same name!

The slightly less good - I had to adjust all my strToDate methods to include the separator. Previously StrToDate('2020-05-01) worked, now it needs to be StrToDate('2020-05-01','-'). Not a big problem really.

The mildly confusing - the DateTimePicker component requires the DateTimePicker unit to be explicitly added to your project - this isn't related to 2.0.8, it happened in 2.0.6 too. While this isn't a big deal it may confuse some as it's completely at variance with all the other components on the palette.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2020, 10:52:58 am »
The mildly confusing - the DateTimePicker component requires the DateTimePicker unit to be explicitly added to your project - this isn't related to 2.0.8, it happened in 2.0.6 too.
In trunk this works. If it really was fixed recently it should have been merged to 2.0.8. Anyway it will work in future 2.2.0.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

wp

« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2020, 11:16:43 am »
I just installed Laz 2.0.8 for Win64, the DateTimePicker is installed by default. I cannot imagine that mac OS should be different here.

As for the StrToDate issue: StrToDate is a function of FPC, and the FPC versions has not been changed for a long time for the Lazarus versions. So I guess, this issue is in your code somewhere. Did you change the FormatSettings.DateSeparator (or DefaultFormatSettings.DateSeparator, that's the same)? It is used by the StrToDate function when no dedicated DateSeparator is specified as second argument. What is the value of FormatSettings.ShortDateFormat? Again, it is used by the StrToDate function.

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2020, 10:01:52 pm »
I just installed Laz 2.0.8 for Win64, the DateTimePicker is installed by default. I cannot imagine that mac OS should be different here.

Frogfather meant that they need to add the unit DateTimePicker manually after they'd added the component to their form.

wp

« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2020, 10:14:06 pm »
Yes, but I checked that, too (although my response was rather unclear in this regard).

dbannon

• tomboy-ng, a rewrite of the classic Tomboy
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2020, 02:56:00 am »
The unit (for DateTimePicker) was auto added to form when the component was dropped on to the form, for both fixes and trunk on Linux and Mac. In all cases, self built Lazarus, maybe as much as a few weeks old ?

Perhaps the issue only exists in a Lazarus installed from a package, frogfather was not clear how he installed ?

Davo
Lazarus 3, Linux (and reluctantly Win10/11, OSX Monterey)
My Project - https://github.com/tomboy-notes/tomboy-ng and my github - https://github.com/davidbannon

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2020, 03:13:07 am »
The slightly less good - I had to adjust all my strToDate methods to include the separator. Previously StrToDate('2020-05-01) worked, now it needs to be StrToDate('2020-05-01','-'). Not a big problem really.
Maybe locale settings?

The mildly confusing - the DateTimePicker component requires the DateTimePicker unit to be explicitly added to your project - this isn't related to 2.0.8, it happened in 2.0.6 too. While this isn't a big deal it may confuse some as it's completely at variance with all the other components on the palette.
Could be various things.

Maybe the IDE was unable to parse your unit. E.g. if it had an error. Normally it should then refuse to add the component at all. But....
Can it be reproduced with a new app, empty form?

Maybe some problem with the package installation. (if you upgraded from an earlier version of Lazarus)
Go To Package > open Package file (lpk)
Open the DateTimePicker package (in the install dir, under components...)
Repeat for the DateTimePickerDsgn package

Tools > Configure build Lazarus: check "clean all" and rebuild
Restart the IDE.

Does the issue persist?

nachoap

« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2020, 07:16:27 pm »
Thank you very very much!!!

Every app is working after Lazarus 2.0.8 compiling. I only had a little trouble with zeos and my sqlite 3 database: I can't do a "vacuum" command if db is opened, and with my previous Lazarus version and my old zeos component I could. But it was a minor problem and I've solved easily.

Thanks again. I love Pascal and working with Lazarus is really great.

Birger52

« Reply #116 on: June 01, 2020, 12:35:16 pm »
Been working 2.0.6 for some month - a couple of apps.
One of them, uses two timers.
Now I get an "EOutOfResources" - no timers available - error when the previously running app programmatically creates a timer (Well - actually when it sets Event handlers - not when creating the timer).
Happens in FormCreate - and no, it's not in any loop.
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1.   FClipTimer := TClipTimer.Create(Self, Settings.PlayTimerInterval);
  2.   FClipTimer.OnStart := @ClipTimerStart;
  3.   FClipTimer.OnStop := @ClipTimerStop;
  4.   FClipTimer.OnTimer := @ClipTimerTick;
Call stack sets error at the line where OnTimer eventhandler is set.

Win 7 64bit 16GB 2x3.5GHz
Running at 15% CPU using 2Gb memory.
There is no way this error is reflecting reality.
Lazarus 2.0.8 FPC 3.0.4
Win7 64bit
Playing and learning - strictly for my own pleasure.

ASerge

« Reply #117 on: June 01, 2020, 03:40:45 pm »
Now I get an "EOutOfResources" - no timers available - error when the previously running app programmatically creates a timer (Well - actually when it sets Event handlers - not when creating the timer).
Happens in FormCreate - and no, it's not in any loop.
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1.   FClipTimer := TClipTimer.Create(Self, Settings.PlayTimerInterval);
  2.   FClipTimer.OnStart := @ClipTimerStart;
  3.   FClipTimer.OnStop := @ClipTimerStop;
  4.   FClipTimer.OnTimer := @ClipTimerTick;
Call stack sets error at the line where OnTimer eventhandler is set.
I don't see an error in this piece of code. Need more info.

wp

« Reply #118 on: June 01, 2020, 04:05:20 pm »
What is TClipTimer? I cannot find this identifier among all files of a standard Lazarus installation. Are you sure that this component is working correctly? Third-party components are often poorly maintained.

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2020, 11:38:47 am »
I'm still having problems with the Configuration dialog.  It throws an "Access violation" error. Using Xubuntu 19.10, installed using SourceForge's deb files.

Is it only my computer?
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

TinyPortal © 2005-2018