Forum > Lazarus

Lazarus Release 2.0.8

<< < (3/26) > >>

olly:
Seem to have come across the following issue, on 2.0.8.

http://free-pascal-lazarus.989080.n3.nabble.com/Lazarus-Lazarus-2-0-6-macOS-Catalina-td4057212.html

--- Code: ---./postinstall: /tmp/PKInstallSandbox.vFZ5uH/Scripts/org.freepascal.pkg.fpc-macos-x86-64-laz.QajxE2/postinstall: line 8: /usr/local/lib/fpc/Error: ppcx64 can't be executed, error message: Failed to execute "ppcx64", error code: 127/samplecfg: No such file or directory
--- End code ---

VTwin:
I am also very pleased to see that cocoa has now become an official release. Many thanks and congratulations to the team.

dbannon:

--- Quote from: Ñuño_Martínez on April 16, 2020, 05:58:11 pm ---I was going to install lazarus-project_2.0.8-0_amd64.deb on my Xubuntu and I've seen that Software (the application that installs it) says the license is private (Actually "Privativa" in Spanish, don't know how's in English).

--- End quote ---
Thats because you are looking at it using the Gnome supplied 'Software' or 'Software Install' tool. It classes anything that does not come from its own repository as proprietary.    I have seen numerous bug reports on the topic, they just seem to be ignored and, quietly closed.  I suggest you install gdebi and use that instead.

As an experiment, grab a deb from your /var/cache/apt/archive/*, to be really nasty, see if you can find gnome-software.....   It most certainly came from the approved repository and is open source.  Open it with Software-Install and you will see it claims it, itself, is proprietary !

Any file that is not in the official repository is reported as proprietary.  Even if it came from the repo.

I believe newer distros have stopped that particular tool  from claiming its a general software management tool.  Gdebi is your friend.

Davo

Ñuño_Martínez:

--- Quote from: ottod on April 16, 2020, 09:14:20 pm ---Privativa = Proprietary (non-free)

--- End quote ---
Thanks.  I forgot it. :)

--- Quote from: dbannon on April 17, 2020, 07:37:55 am ---Thats because you are looking at it using the Gnome supplied 'Software' or 'Software Install' tool. It classes anything that does not come from its own repository as proprietary.    I have seen numerous bug reports on the topic, they just seem to be ignored and, quietly closed.  I suggest you install gdebi and use that instead.

As an experiment, grab a deb from your /var/cache/apt/archive/*, to be really nasty, see if you can find gnome-software.....   It most certainly came from the approved repository and is open source.  Open it with Software-Install and you will see it claims it, itself, is proprietary !

Any file that is not in the official repository is reported as proprietary.  Even if it came from the repo.

I believe newer distros have stopped that particular tool  from claiming its a general software management tool.  Gdebi is your friend.

Davo

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the explanation.  I'll try Gdebi. :)

mischi:
Lazarus 2.0.8 on macOS:
I am happy to announce that my updates of the lazarus packages descriptions for macports and fink have been accepted.

Fink has a wide variety of packages for lazarus and freepascal, macports just fpc and lazarus-cocoa, both 64 bit.

Michael.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version