Recent

Author Topic: TSplitter and Borderspacing.  (Read 1201 times)

Birger52

TSplitter and Borderspacing.
« on: April 12, 2020, 06:18:08 pm »
Apparently, there is no borderspacing in a TSplitter (not published) anyway. It is not available in Object inspector.
But it is available through Anchors in IDE.
It also works in IDE. At least until next time the project is loaded, at which time all set borderspacing through Anchors will be 0.
They are also 0 at runtime.
But they can be set through programming.

This must be a bug?
Lazarus 2.0.8 FPC 3.0.4
Win7 64bit
Playing and learning - strictly for my own pleasure.

Birger52

Re: TSplitter and Borderspacing.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 11:14:19 am »
The rest of us, don't need it either, then...

It's needed to make layout pleasant.

All other controls are a specified number of pixels from the border of the containing control - TSplitter isn't.

And there's a thing about having the option to actually set a borderspacing at designtime, that is simply ignored at runtime - why have the option to set it, then?
Lazarus 2.0.8 FPC 3.0.4
Win7 64bit
Playing and learning - strictly for my own pleasure.

wp

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 12:23:21 pm »
You can set the corresponding BorderSpacing of the neighboring controls, but this will leave the exposed uncovered space not responding to the mouse. Better to change the Width of the vertical splitter (or Height of the horizontal splitter). This will add other columns/rows of the splitter grip pattern, thought.

TJC

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 03:40:09 am »
I just noticed this today. I guess it was 'fixed' because TSplitter no longer has BorderSpacing the the IDE. Inconvenient because border spacing has to be set on every control anchored to the splitter instead of just once on the splitter itself

TinyPortal © 2005-2018