Recent

Author Topic: Carbon TCalender on Intel Mac OSX  (Read 5171 times)

normann

Carbon TCalender on Intel Mac OSX
« on: January 25, 2008, 04:17:04 pm »
Hi all,

I read in the bug tracker about Carbon TCalendar, that "There is now native graphical calendar control in Carbon" dated 2007-10-30, and I've installed the latest Lazarus for Intel Mac and with latest Snapshots.

I drop a TDateEdit on a form, it compiles, but when I run the program and hit the calendar button I get following error:

(V)TCarbonWSWinControl.CreateHandle Error: Not implemented - unabled to create Carbon win control for Calendar: TCalendar!.

Anything I missed? Or anything I need to update?

Thanx in advance,
/Normann

Phil

Re: Carbon TCalender on Intel Mac OSX
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 06:10:05 pm »
Quote from: "normann"
Hi all,

I read in the bug tracker about Carbon TCalendar, that "There is now native graphical calendar control in Carbon" dated 2007-10-30, and I've installed the latest Lazarus for Intel Mac and with latest Snapshots.

I drop a TDateEdit on a form, it compiles, but when I run the program and hit the calendar button I get following error:

(V)TCarbonWSWinControl.CreateHandle Error: Not implemented - unabled to create Carbon win control for Calendar: TCalendar!.

Anything I missed? Or anything I need to update?

Thanx in advance,
/Normann

I believe it should read "no" instead of "now" since this is the bug tracker.

Thanks.

-Phil

normann

Re: Carbon TCalender on Intel Mac OSX
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 08:28:32 am »
Quote from: "Phil"
Quote from: "normann"
"There is now native graphical calendar control in Carbon"

I believe it should read "no" instead of "now" since this is the bug tracker.

Thanks.

-Phil

Ah, that makes sense  :)

Thanks, Normann

normann

RE: Re: Carbon TCalender on Intel Mac OSX
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 10:57:51 am »
Hi again,

I noticed that in Mac environment, applications usually don't implement popup calendars, and users usually input dates in a more tradional way. Is this true?

If this is true, we will go for an input date edit field with no popup calendar - for now.

And is Lazarus Bugtracker commonly the best place to follow the progress of a particular subject? Or is there other places where you can follow the work?

Thanks again, Normann

Tombo

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 01:04:57 pm »
Probably you can track the progress in SVN log via some SVN client or via rss at http://svn.freepascal.org/feeds/lazarussvn.rss .

normann

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 01:15:24 pm »
Quote from: "Tombo"
Probably you can track the progress in SVN log via some SVN client or via rss at http://svn.freepascal.org/feeds/lazarussvn.rss .
Thanks! :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018