Forum > Lazarus

We are planning the next release: Lazarus 2.0.8

<< < (9/10) > >>

ASerge:

--- Quote from: JuhaManninen on April 02, 2020, 08:14:27 pm ---I have applied a big number of your patches.

--- End quote ---
Sorry for the emotion. Thank you for what you are doing.

ottod:
When Lazarus 2.0.6 was released I tried to create Debian packages for Raspbian and I succeeded thanks to the work of the FPC and Lazarus teams. It is documented here:
https://wiki.freepascal.org/Build_current_FPC_and_Lazarus_for_Raspbian
Those are instructions for the end-user trying to do the same.
For the team building the 2.0.8 release it is just adding support for the armhf architecture, which is done by editing two files, adding a couple of lines to each one: create_fpc_deb.sh and create_lazarus_deb.sh; steps 15 & 22 in the above wiki article.
I think many of us will be grateful to have official support for Raspbian. I am of the opinion that a tool like FPC/Lazarus is essential to put the Raspberry Pi 4 to business use in the under-developed parts of the world. VM and interpreted languages suffer a big performance hit that is easily overcome by the native compilation offered by FPC/Lazarus. Of course the same native compilation can be expected from C, Rust, and similar but they are lower level languages where you have to manually link to GTK, Qt or whatever to have a working desktop app.
If I can be of any help I'll be around.
Stay safe.

young_nandy:
your website is still not updated. it's confusing, I guess it's not continued

trev:

--- Quote from: young_nandy on April 04, 2020, 04:25:10 am ---your website is still not updated. it's confusing, I guess it's not continued

--- End quote ---

Looks updated to me - see attachment snipped from the Lazarus-IDE website home page.

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: young_nandy on April 04, 2020, 04:25:10 am ---your website is still not updated. it's confusing, I guess it's not continued

--- End quote ---
What part of it is not updated?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version