Forum > Lazarus

We are planning the next release: Lazarus 2.0.8

<< < (3/10) > >>

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: eljo on April 02, 2020, 12:33:48 pm ---No it worked at some point, I remember using it to find out which unit to add to the uses clause on my units. if you say that 1.6.8 has the same behavior then I guess I remember it from 1.4 or older. Can I be wrong though and remember some other IDE? I'm certain it was pascal. Oh well, at least now you are aware.

--- End quote ---
Only if someone adds it to the bug tracker.

wp:

--- Quote from: eljo on April 02, 2020, 12:33:48 pm ---I remember using it to find out which unit to add to the uses clause on my units.

--- End quote ---
Just OT: If you want to add a component at runtime and do not know which unit to add, simply add that component to the form at designtime and then delete the component again. The IDE adds the unit to the uses list and keeps it there even if the component does not exist any more..

dbannon:

--- Quote from: eljo on April 02, 2020, 12:33:48 pm ---No it worked at some point, I remember using it to find out which unit to add to the uses clause on my units. if you say that 1.6.8 has the same behavior then I guess I remember it from 1.4 or older. Can I be wrong though and remember some other IDE? I'm certain it was pascal. Oh well, at least now you are aware.

--- End quote ---

Eljo, I wonder if you are thing of the "Show Unit, Identifier Dictionary" ?  Its great when you want to know what unit needs to be included.  However, it maintains its own database and needs to learn where things that you use are.  But I sure recommend it.

Hmm, maybe you need to install 'cody' package, then you will find it under the 'Source' menu.

Davo

ASerge:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on April 02, 2020, 10:43:37 am ---- Any bug-fixes already made to trunk, that you believe should still be
  merged to the fixes branch (fixes that are not listed on the above wiki page)

--- End quote ---
Already resolved from the bug list:
It is strange that many patches wait for years and are not applied. Why make them at all?

marcov:
I tested a bit, and it seems nowadays LHelp only opens the relevant CHM instead of all CHMs in the tree.

The old trick of just entering lhelp and searching thus doesn't work anymore (since it is now localized to the opened CHM. Before this was a tree of CHMs and this used to work).

Moreover very weird, if you close lhelp, you see the other help files flashing, so they are still loaded but in hidden other windows? But this hack kills the overall index.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version