Forum > Free Pascal

FPC 3.2.0rc1 released!

<< < (2/19) > >>

zamtmn:
Thanks!

At first glance there are no issues with my projects

Martin_fr:
For anyone looking to test those with Lazarus on Windows.
I have build Lazarus installers for
 - Lazarus 2.1 (trunk) + FPC 3.2rc1
 - Lazarus 2.0.7 (fixes 2.0) + FPC 3.2rc1

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-snapshots/files/

Those installers
- offer the option of a 2ndary install. So your main install will not be affected.
- are otherwise untested (not installed them myself to verify that the installed files work)
- contain a "lazarus build" of FPC RC1. That is, like all releases, the included FPC is not downloaded from FPC, but build from SVN (in this case from the 3.2RC1 tag).

kveroneau:
Awesome.  Since this is a release candidate, I am going to try and reproduce the same FCL memory leak I detected in csvdataset here where the variable FParser isn't being freed correctly.  I'd rather the release not contain this same bug. :D

You can read about my research into this leak, and how I managed to eventually resolve it by reading my last post on this thread:

https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,49096.0.html

And if this isn't a bug, then please let me know how I should be freeing FParser in my own code.  I will update this post once I test the RC against the leak mentioned in my thread.

Looks like this memory leak is addressed in FPC 3.2.0 RC1!  Thank you guys!  Glad I wasn't the first one to notice this issue, however, it would have been nice if someone in the forums let me know it was an issue, and is going to be resolved in the next release.  After I did a test compile, heaptrc no longer showed a memory leak.  I checked the source code in FPC trunk, and I see that a FreeAndNil(FParser); was definitely added to the Destroy destructor, resolving the memory leak.

valdir.marcos:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on March 30, 2020, 12:01:06 am ---For anyone looking to test those with Lazarus on Windows.
I have build Lazarus installers for
 - Lazarus 2.1 (trunk) + FPC 3.2rc1
 - Lazarus 2.0.7 (fixes 2.0) + FPC 3.2rc1

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-snapshots/files/

Those installers
- offer the option of a 2ndary install. So your main install will not be affected.
- are otherwise untested (not installed them myself to verify that the installed files work)
- contain a "lazarus build" of FPC RC1. That is, like all releases, the included FPC is not downloaded from FPC, but build from SVN (in this case from the 3.2RC1 tag).
--- End quote ---
Should we expect Lazarus 2.2.0 to be released shortly after FPC 3.2.0?

trev:

--- Quote from: marcov on March 29, 2020, 08:20:09 pm ---Downloads are available at the main FTP server,
ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/beta/3.2.0-rc1/

--- End quote ---

There is no x86_64-macos version - this rules out any Mac user with the current 64 bit only macOS 10.15.x Catalina operating system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version