Recent

Author Topic: [Solved] Lazanux Linux  (Read 4389 times)

zoltanleo

Re: Lazanux Linux
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 10:27:28 pm »
That said, I think Debian is a great distribution, but I don't think it's suitable for a beginner in Linux who needs to install a development environment. I think a beginner prefers to use a ready-to-use system.
Debian is a very good distro for beginners. The difference in packages for Lazarus to function is available only for i386 and amd64. My experience can be seen here (Russian lng)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 10:30:23 pm by zoltanleo »
Win10 LTSC x64/Deb 11 amd64(gtk2/qt5)/Darwin Cocoa (Monterey):
Lazarus x32/x64 2.3(trunk); FPC 3.3.1 (trunk), FireBird 3.0.10; IBX by TonyW

Sorry for my bad English, I'm using translator ;)

Otto

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2020, 11:22:15 pm »
@ af0815.
Hello.

[...]
The problem with the libs have to be corrected of the level of the package maintainer. Not on programmer side, but if you distribute an app you have the job of the package maintainer - and then you should know what packages your programm need.
[...]
I agree.

In my case, the problems occurred when I had to use obsolete packages on an updated Debian distribution. Of course after some time I managed to solve, but it was not very easy. While in Manjaro a similar operation was much easier to solve.

Otto.
Kind regards.

winni

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2020, 11:31:03 pm »
Hi!

Debian packages for fpc and Lazarus are in the most cases a problem.

You should use the DEB-packages from the fpc-Download page.

And in the past it was even worse with Debian!

Winni

Otto

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2020, 11:31:49 pm »
@zoltanleo
Hello.

Debian is a very good distro for beginners. The difference in packages for Lazarus to function is available only for i386 and amd64. My experience can be seen here (Russian lng)

I'll read your description, I opened this thread exactly because I wanted to compare our experiences in using Linux.

Спасибо

Otto.

Otto.
Kind regards.

Otto

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2020, 11:44:13 pm »
@ Winni.
Hi.

Hi!

Debian packages for fpc and Lazarus are in the most cases a problem.

You should use the DEB-packages from the fpc-Download page.

And in the past it was even worse with Debian!

Winni

To have Lazarus and FPC updated in Debian I always had to compile them from sources.

Otto.
Kind regards.

Otto

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2020, 08:51:23 pm »
@zoltanleo
Hello.

I read your description and found it very precise and detailed; but I think for an absolute beginner in Linux it is a little too difficult to follow (of course it's just my opinion). You mentioned the alternative possibility of using fpcupdeluxe, I remember reading your instructions online about it.
Both of your works, which I just mentioned, are done very well.

If I am well convinced that we have learned to use Linux by performing moderately complex operations. I believe, however, that the installation phase of the development environment should be as simple as possible.

Otto.
Kind regards.

Otto

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2020, 09:36:24 pm »
Hello everyone.

After several tests, I decided to create a fully configured Linux VM to distribute among the collaborators to my project. For now, everything seems to be working properly with regard to the Lazarus/FPC programming environment. The only issues are found on some PCs with Intel CPUs that have patches for "Meltdown" bugs.

I thank all the users of the Lazarus community who helped me in the choice of Linux distribution.

Otto.
Kind regards.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018